MOUNTING SCREW SIZE FOR TUBE LUGS

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
Hello friends. I swapped out my imperial lugs for brass tube lugs on my COB 6.5x14 Ludwig Super. I'm converting all of the hardware to brass. I purchased the tube lugs from DFD but didn't get the mounting screws because I thought the Ludwig ones would work. They don't seem to want to screw in and are pretty tight to thread. Is the thread type or size different than the DFD tube lugs? Can I force them without causing damage? If not advisable, what is the sizing I would need? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

afwdrums

Reaction score
hey man, can't give you an exact answer to your question, but if I were in your position I would do one of 2 things most likely

- if you can wait a bit, I'd order the proper screws from DFD...your tube lugs are likely supplied by Worldmax, and Worldmax also supplies the exact right screws in various lengths depending on the thickness of your shell
- if you can't wait a bit, I'd take one of the tube lugs down to a local hardware store and have the folks there help you find the ones with the proper thread type

I would NOT try to force them in any way...having used those tube lugs on a few builds, the proper screws should go in and out quite easily

good luck!

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
hey man, can't give you an exact answer to your question, but if I were in your position I would do one of 2 things most likely

- if you can wait a bit, I'd order the proper screws from DFD...your tube lugs are likely supplied by Worldmax, and Worldmax also supplies the exact right screws in various lengths depending on the thickness of your shell
- if you can't wait a bit, I'd take one of the tube lugs down to a local hardware store and have the folks there help you find the ones with the proper thread type

I would NOT try to force them in any way...having used those tube lugs on a few builds, the proper screws should go in and out quite easily

good luck!
That's great info. Thanks for your input I really appreciate it! I might just order the correct screws from DFD. Cheers!

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
I'd take a lug to a local hardware store first. The DFD Tubelugs have a common metric thread, I do not remember what size.

The Worldmax version has a custom thread that requires the Worldmax screw.

That's why I'd start at the hardware store...
Thanks for the info. I will try the hardware store and see what comes of it. Cheers!