Mr Rock Solid: Anton Fig

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aronoff and Weinberg are consumate performers ,but in my opnion Fig has that South African bonus feel simmering underneath .

Last edited:

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

latzanimal

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Halfway between the Quads and the Windy City...
I got to spend a little time with Anton way back when The Late Show taped a Friday night in Chicago. We had made a drum for him, and both Anton and Dave loved it.

All of those years on The Late Show, Paul would call out the next song, count 4 and they were off. Sometimes the song wasn't one they had rehearsed or even talked about. So the entire band would have 4 counts to "get ready" and into the song.... VERY underrated. That entire band and show crew were incredibly nice.

Tarkus

Reaction score
You should check out John DeChristopher’s recent interview with Anton

Great episode with a great guy. Thank you, John.

As here are friends and admirers of Anton Fig, I have a 'special question'. Years ago a saw a youtube of a solo of him, that impressed me. It started slowly with a very simple beat on the toms. Then it got more complicated, but always came back to that simple beat, which acted like a melody to fall back on.
Now, I can't find this on youtube anymore. A simple search for 'Anton Fig solo' didn't come up with the right one. Also forgot with whom he was playing. Just remember it was already his 'cap period' meaning more recent. Maybe somebody, by accident, remembers what I mean.