"MUPPETS" Music Friday Five Fer

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I didn't remember all the lefties in Electric Mayhem.
Muppet Show "factoid" (popup facts on the Muppet Show DVD's)
ALL MUPPETS ARE LEFT HANDED!

That's because all the puppeteers are right handed working the head/mouth/eyes. That only leaves their left hand to operate any hand gestures unless two people are working the muppet ( like the Sweedish Chef - Jim Henson the head and Frank Oz the hands.)

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I took the kid to play miniature golf at a pirate themed course. I caught something from Muppet Treasure Island. Then I noticed another one. About the third one I realized - there's not but so many "pirate songs" around and Muppet Treasure Island probably makes up a large chunk of the collection.

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
Jim Henson was a client of mine when I lived in Manhattan and worked on office hi-speed printers. I had the extreme pleasure of visiting the Muppet Town House on 69th Street across from Hunter College a few times !
One highlight was bring invited to a Henson employee Christmas Party, not long before Jim died of toxic shock syndrome. I met him and discussed Labyrinth and mentioned being a big Bowie and Muppet fan. He lamented about the initial finance loss and mentioned he loved making the movie. He signed some kids books for my cousins kids. In hindsight, wish I had him sign something for me.
The memories and all the magical folks that worked there will live on in my memories.
Photos here don't even reflect a portion of the majesty and humor this brownstone home had, but I thought you kids might enjoy this, from Wiki : https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Henson_Townhouse

Last edited: