Musical Instrument Sales Are Booming

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
People spending more time at home has been a boon to some musical instrument retailers. My best is electronic drum kits are taking most of the share of these new buyers.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
People spending more time at home has been a boon to some musical instrument retailers. My best is electronic drum kits are taking most of the share of these new buyers.
Yeah, it’s likely electronic drums. But, hey, whatever gets them started, right? I remember when Rock Band and Guitar Hero were popular video games, they were the gateway to a lot of people buying real instruments.

I’m not surprised. I was reading that bike shops are running out of new bikes, because the weather is nice and everyone has time go out and ride now!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My local drum shop owner says business is booming for him. Really, not many eKits. All acoustic. He gladly takes trades as well. Bike shops are booming as well!

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It makes sense. For the majority of Americans who are still working, the stimulus check was money found. A lot of options (Vacation, sporting events or concerts) are out the window at the moment.

Normally when I get my tax refund I get some Phillies and concert tix. This year I bought some gear.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The small music store I teach at can't keep guitars or basses in stock. They sell mostly used, low end stuff.
I've done some local pawn shop runs recently, and the pawn shops are empty...not just musical instruments (which most near me have very little anyway) but they're out of TVs, video games, computers, etc. Was talking to a guy who has worked at a large pawn shop chain for many years and he said he's never seen anything like it.