Musicians Accepting Bitcoin

Stickclick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

If a restaurant operator can accept bitcoin as payment for dinner, why can't musicians accept bitcoin in tips, merchandise sales and gig sales? How do we do that?

Beefsurgeon

Reaction score
Sure!

Step 1: Find an audience full of bitcoin enthusiasts.

Step 2: Say the magic word to them: "bitcoin".

Step 3: Get out a pen and paper as they spend the next 3 hours telling you everything you need to know about bitcoin. They'll setup a bitcoin wallet for you on the spot and buy your merch as a demonstration of the magnificence of bitcoin.

You probably don't even have to setup your drums...

On a serious note, Square has been integrating bitcoin into their payment apps. I believe the Square Cash app lets you automatically translate $ payments that you receive into bitcoin. Pretty sure there will be much more to come in this space.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
If you have a crypto wallet or an exchange that you use, then you give them your BTC address (which you could display) and they can send some to you.

Stickclick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Display a BTC address and people can send the band money. Maybe that's a new business model for working musicians.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I agree with Beefsurgen. Simply create a Bitcoin/Ethereum wallet, post that information on your stage stating that you accept this payment form for tips and merch and the proponents of these platforms will take it from there.

Bitcoin and it’s contemporaries interest me. Not as an investment but as a social experiment.

That the Federal Reserve has allowed competition to hegemony of their currency in this county is both shocking and suspicious.

Watch any Bitcoin documentary on Netflix and in addition to all of the other tid bits present it will tell you the biggest challenge to scalability is that it is decentralized.

Then we see the Delphi Methodists through their whisper campaign mind seed the population to prepare the for Fedcoin, a blockchain/crypto currency issued by central banks that has no problem with scalability because it is.........wait......; centralized. Hey, it’s blockchain, it’s cool, it’s the future, don’t worry about it.

There are also articles popping up on all of the crypto coin boards discussing how the State department is issuing White Papers detailing how countries like Iran and Venezuela are using Bitcoin to circumvent sanction. Clearly you can see where that is going.

Who knows what will happen with Bitcoin in the near term but in the long term it looks like it was allowed to be introduced to normalize Crypto currency, once that occurs on a conscious level the Fed will introduce its own Crypto currency but it will be completely centralized. When that is complete; all competitors will be destroyed using the pretext that they are being used by Rogue States to circumvent sanctions or fund terrorism or so other manner of sophistry.

deepsoulradio

Reaction score
I've been trying to get paid in crypto for years. Just recently I found someone willing/able to do it for a recording sesh. Yay!

But to answer the question, yes you just need a wallet and display the QR code and/or address (which will be long af so QR code is the way for what you're thinking)

Bakervic

Reaction score
It's a great idea as they have been struggling for quite a while being inactive due to the lockdowns. I would not mind sending some Bitcoin to my favorite artists if this was their preferred way of getting paid. I recently got into the crypto game myself as I have mostly traded on a cfds trader forex pairs and from the winnings I managed to invest some cash into Crypto acquisitions as well. It's a great feeling to be able to diversify your money and how you invest it. You never know when the downfall of the dollar can occur. Bitcoin has become the new gold in essence!

Last edited:

duremars

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that progress is not standing still. It's so modern!

gretschdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a great idea as they have been struggling for quite a while being inactive due to the lockdowns. I would not mind sending some Bitcoin to my favorite artists if this was their preferred way of getting paid. I recently got into the crypto game myself as I have mostly traded on a cfds trader forex pairs and from the winnings I managed to invest some cash into Crypto acquisitions as well. It's a great feeling to be able to diversify your money and how you invest it. You never know when the downfall of the dollar can occur. Bitcoin has become the new gold in essence!
I would watch warren Buffett here before
Really getting into the crypto game

Realize that taking it for payment or services is highly speculative and extremely risky

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one evening on Dial Up I could have bought one bitcoin for $14.

Does that sound feasible that's pretty much exactly how I remember it.

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one evening on Dial Up I could have bought one bitcoin for $14.

Does that sound feasible that's pretty much exactly how I remember it.
Dial-up was pretty much gone before 2000. Bitcoin began in 2009.

I'll take cash. It's in my hands.
You realize that the excessive printing of US dollars is creating inflation, devaluing the dollar at an unprecedented rate? Take the first $1200 stimulus check as an example. If you just held the cash, your buying power with it is now far less than the $1200 you originally got. If you bought $1200 of Bitcoin with it, you'd now have over $8000 in value/buying power.

I have been receiving 1/3 of my salary in Bitcoin for over 2 years. I converted my entire 401k into Greyscale Bitcoin Trust in 2019. I also have been buying and trading, (and even mined for a year) cryptocurrencies since 2017. Hence my Avatar!

Last edited:

Whitten

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The suggestion is moot. The current value of a single bitcoin is $55,000. What musician ever got paid $55,000 for a job?

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The suggestion is moot. The current value of a single bitcoin is $55,000. What musician ever got paid $55,000 for a job?
This statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you really have no idea what Bitcoin is, or how it works.. Similar to a Dollar having smaller units such as the Penny, a Bitcoin is divisible as well. One Bitcoin can be divided into one hundred million units called Satoshis.

So, if I wanted to pay you $223,514.22, and Bitcoin is $55000, I'd send you 4.063894091 Bitcoin

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy said the govt can’t track it well enough to tax it . That doesn’t seem right

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My buddy said the govt can’t track it well enough to tax it . That doesn’t seem right
The Blockchain is a public ledger of Bitcoin transactions. While it may be difficult for Governments and Law Enforcement to track, it is FAR more difficult to track paper currency.