Musicians coming home after gig paid in exposure

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tell people who are mad at bands playing cheap that it will never change , no one is going to band together as a group and make bars pay more ...
No amount of griping will change it .

You want to make $100 a gig , put a band together or practice your ass off to be good enough to land that better gig that’s worth $100 a man a night or more ...

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love those "audition" gigs owners try to pull on you. Thought that crap was done with but just had a new guy on the scene pull that. Audition this.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been decades since my last gig and I've been meaning to ask this question and I know it varies widely on a number of different variables but what does an average non dive bar gig (decent venue) run nowadays?

Malc

Reaction score
Funnily enough,the band I'm currently in have agreed to do a couple of gigs for free at local places we've all played many times before.
The reasoning behind it is that they have had a tough time throughout the Covid lockdowns and it's just a little thing we can do to support them.
I'm sure they'll sort us out on the hospitality front,but either way it just seems the right thing to do.

IBitePrettyHard

Reaction score
Funnily enough,the band I'm currently in have agreed to do a couple of gigs for free at local places we've all played many times before.
The reasoning behind it is that they have had a tough time throughout the Covid lockdowns and it's just a little thing we can do to support them.
I'm sure they'll sort us out on the hospitality front,but either way it just seems the right thing to do.
Bring a tip jar!

dyland

Reaction score
Been decades since my last gig and I've been meaning to ask this question and I know it varies widely on a number of different variables but what does an average non dive bar gig (decent venue) run nowadays?
$4-500 for the whole band, in my experience.