Musicians who are off the chart intelligent

Iristone

Reaction score
That guy from London with a similar hairstyle (and research field) as Sir Isaac Newton anyone?

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
The guy from Offspring I think has Ivy league schooling.
Deigo Garcia (solo, Elefant) was a Brown Economics student...his wife was there too (dress designer)

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I'd say Neil Peart had to have a pretty good mind to have come up with the music and make it work with all the mixed meter he used. Also his writings are pretty intense and detailed. It takes a pretty sharp person to write the way he did.

He wasn't called 'the professor' for nothing.

LauraCai

Reaction score
Probably Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden singer, given he also pilots their jet. Similarly, Steve Morse per his stint as a commercial airline pilot.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Grad degrees don't bestow 'off the chart intelligence'. I've met a few people with a Phd who were stunningly deficient in areas outside of their discipline.

ps: if someone is quick to prove how smart they are with a degree they obviously aren't.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
Artie Shaw , Randy Newman, Bob Dylan .

Intelligence vs intellectuality, define two separate categories of cognitive abilities .

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
Grad degrees don't bestow 'off the chart intelligence'. I've met a few people with a Phd who were stunningly deficient in areas outside of their discipline.

ps: if someone is quick to prove how smart they are with a degree they obviously aren't.
True

but

degrees especially graduate ones are a good start in judging

like the scarecrow said

a lot of people don’t have anymore brains than you

But they have the one thing you’d don’t got

a diploma

Latest posts