MUST SEE!! i just bought the most AMAZING collection ever!! L@@K!

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
wow.
so after taking a huge chance, 14+ hour drive both ways to chicago and back, and the grace of God, i was able to score the most amazing collection ive ever had and probably ever will have.

some amazing, rare and valuable pieces, such as -

-2 billy gladstone / lang snare drums, 1 with wood hoops and top hat n cane design!!!
-2 rogers wood dynasonics!!!! multiple slingerland Radio kings!!!
-2 20's leedy black elites (leedy black beauty)!!
-george way snare,
-ludwig + WFL drums from the 20's - 50's (1 lavender pearl gold badge ludwig)!!!
-gretsch round badge drums
-leedy and slingerland drums
-Ludwig vintage engraved supersensitive black beauties custom made for Barrett Deems (count basie orchestra), 2 of them, one being top hat n cane!!!!!!!
-a vintage ludwig blue oyster kit with matching jazz fest snare drum, canister throne and 18" floor tom!!! -a killer set of zildjian k istanbul hi hats,

-plus much more!!!!!!

i am sorry for the messy pics, i will be cataloging and photographing everything individually in the next few days. i will be selling all of these items soon but there are a few pieces i am unsure about, so once i go through and catalog everything i will post some questions if yall would be kind enough to help me identify some stuff!

thanks in advance, and let me know if you like anything!

Attachments

gingerb91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As I read this I thought it was a joke. Had to be. Then I saw the pictures. !!!!!! That's ridiculous! The Blue Oyster kit is to die for!

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
like the American graphic 2001 Gretsch snare
about all I can't afford ; )
What size and stamp are the K hihats? look like 15s?

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
That's AMAZING! Good on you.

Ps: dibs on the gold glass cloud badge Slingerland shell and any hardware you might have for it. Seriously. :D

relayer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Too amazing for words. Did you win the lottery?

Stephen

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
No worries, m8. I'm right there with you!

We will need to hear the story of how this came to be.

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
this happened by chance... wifey was on board... headed to Chitown on a whim, with nothing but hope and prayers we could make it work. we did.

and God is good!

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
roundbadgedude said:
this happened by chance... wifey was on board... headed to Chitown on a whim, with nothing but hope and prayers we could make it work. we did.

and God is good!
Sounds like you're keeping it close to the vest. That's ok. There's gotta be more to any story like this, though.

W&A Player

DFO Master
Reaction score
My hunch is that this haul is or was part of the estate of Barrett Deems. The monogram on the bass drum head and your mention of drums built for Deems lead me to believe this. That is a great collection to acquire.

FFR428

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow what a fantastic score! So much vintage goodness. Me thinks your PM message box is gonna be on fire!! Congrats! Hope you can tell the story once things calm down a bit. Must be a good one!

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
My jaw dropped open when I decided to chance this thread. Amazing score. Absolutely amazing.