MUST SEE!! i just bought the most AMAZING collection ever!! L@@K!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
wflkurt said:
also from the '57 wfl catalog..

mike
Thanks for that Mike. As I get older I am starting to forget some of the things I knew when I started collecting and I was under the assumption that Barret Deems only had the porta pak 5.5x13 as his model snare drum. Once again I stand corrected...
kurt-don't feel bad. i'll be 50 later this year. I used to remember EVERYTHING. i'm in the "making notes" stage now! lol...

mike

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
"kurt-don't feel bad. i'll be 50 later this year. I used to remember EVERYTHING. i'm in the "making notes" stage now! lol..."

mike

At 58, I'll write and note and look at it later and have no idea what I was talking about!
Dave

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
ahh yes i did! the one dude who orchestrated the sale of the items purchased this drum, said he was an artist and was going to use it for an art project or something. i assumed he was going to scrap it for copper value.
i dont think arnie lang would ever make something like this.. if u see the welds they look poor. plus the crude homemade throw off is pretty beat too. i thought it was a custom made junker some dude made. didnt know much about it so didnt bother, plus that splatter finish was a huge turn off.

the guy who bought it had no idea about drums either.

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
roundbadgedude said:
ahh yes i did! the one dude who orchestrated the sale of the items purchased this drum, said he was an artist and was going to use it for an art project or something. i assumed he was going to scrap it for copper value.
i dont think arnie lang would ever make something like this.. if u see the welds they look poor. plus the crude homemade throw off is pretty beat too. i thought it was a custom made junker some dude made. didnt know much about it so didnt bother, plus that splatter finish was a huge turn off.

the guy who bought it had no idea about drums either.
Kevin,
I'm still curious about how the sale was conducted. Did they price drums seperately, or did you have to buy a lot? How many other drummers were there buying drums?

Dave