MUST SEE!! i just bought the most AMAZING collection ever!! L@@K!

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, the new "bar" has been set.

Congratulations!

Dan

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
W&A Player said:
My hunch is that this haul is or was part of the estate of Barrett Deems. The monogram on the bass drum head and your mention of drums built for Deems lead me to believe this. That is a great collection to acquire.
you are exactly right! it seems all of these items are part of Barrett Deems's personal collection. some amazing pieces here, and Barrett had some incredible taste. forgot to mention just about every ludwig drum is signed on the top head and some inside the shell by william F Ludwig II, some by WFL III too!

FunkyCrime

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Amazing dude! Hoping I'll get to pay you another visit

flewis1111

Reaction score
Great Job! I met you yesterday near Chicago (I was the guy with the John Deere hat). I bought the other Barrett Deems set along with some of the individual drums. Plan to sell my items here too!

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Amazing! You're living like I'd love to live.....at least drum-wise :occasion9: .
Congratulations!! What a great bunch of drum stuff there.!

campbellh

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
roundbadgedude said:
wow.
so after taking a huge chance, 14+ hour drive both ways to chicago and back, and the grace of God, i was able to score the most amazing collection ive ever had and probably ever will have.

some amazing, rare and valuable pieces, such as -

-2 billy gladstone / lang snare drums, 1 with wood hoops and top hat n cane design!!!
-2 rogers wood dynasonics!!!! multiple slingerland Radio kings!!!
-2 20's leedy black elites (leedy black beauty)!!
-george way snare,
-ludwig + WFL drums from the 20's - 50's (1 lavender pearl gold badge ludwig)!!!
-gretsch round badge drums
-leedy and slingerland drums
-Ludwig vintage engraved supersensitive black beauties custom made for Barrett Deems (count basie orchestra), 2 of them, one being top hat n cane!!!!!!!
-a vintage ludwig blue oyster kit with matching jazz fest snare drum, canister throne and 18" floor tom!!! -a killer set of zildjian k istanbul hi hats,

-plus much more!!!!!!

i am sorry for the messy pics, i will be cataloging and photographing everything individually in the next few days. i will be selling all of these items soon but there are a few pieces i am unsure about, so once i go through and catalog everything i will post some questions if yall would be kind enough to help me identify some stuff!

thanks in advance, and let me know if you like anything!
Awesome find! Thx for sharing the pics!

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
thanks guys, i am listing half of the items tonight on ebay, most starting for $99! some valuable stuff, but mostly saving the really nice stuff to sell privately.

wingnut

Reaction score
I'm guessing that haul didn't fit in the back of the Subaru. Beautiful!

Reactions: JDA

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Barrett Deems must have had an unbelievable amount of stuff because this certainly not the first haul from the Deems estate.

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
** HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE BARRETT DEEMS CUSTOM ENGRAVED BLACK BEAUTIES DONE BY JOHN ELDRIDGE - on left - top hat and cane - on right - standard BB

Attachments

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love the Oyster Blue Luddies - that 18" FT is a museum piece all by itself!

Congratulations on an amazing score.

Latest posts