MUST SEE!! i just bought the most AMAZING collection ever!! L@@K!

davezedlee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I! think! all! the! exclamation! marks! in! all! your! descriptions! are! a! bit! much! however!

!!!

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
davezedlee said:
I! think! all! the! exclamation! marks! in! all! your! descriptions! are! a! bit! much! however!

!!!
dont be a goon, im excited, ok?? :evil4:

all really great and rare drums!

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Kev, this is fantastic! Please when the dust settles I'd love to hear the story of how this happened. Without divulging any " secrets" is fine w me :) Good Fortune to you my friend!

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
DWSlingerland45 said:
Kev, this is fantastic! Please when the dust settles I'd love to hear the story of how this happened. Without divulging any " secrets" is fine w me :icon_smile: Good Fortune to you my friend!
will do, thanks Ddub!

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes - Kevin...I'd love to know some of the details too...with respect your privacy of course. I'm excited for you! I can only imagine what it would be like to set all that gear down and go through it. You're heart must have pounding pretty good at the outset of the deal....no?

Gary

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Excellent haul! You'd been asking about finding a collection and it looks like you scored a humdinger, nicely done!

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
mlvbs said:
Excellent haul! You'd been asking about finding a collection and it looks like you scored a humdinger, nicely done!
thanks Bill!

i would love to sell you something if you need, or even trade a buncha stuff for a killer gretsch 12/14/18! ;)

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
kona1984 said:
Yes - Kevin...I'd love to know some of the details too...with respect your privacy of course. I'm excited for you! I can only imagine what it would be like to set all that gear down and go through it. You're heart must have pounding pretty good at the outset of the deal....no?

Gary

I will let everyone know how this came to be soon, the particulars, and even what i spent... until then i would like to keep it private for now.
it was almost surreal going through everything once we got it all home. words cant describe.

and during the acquisition, i was just insanely focused and calm... well, as calm as i could be. i knew what was happening but didnt flip out or anything. it was crazy man!

Troyh said:
Congrats Kev! What a haul. I bet you were shaking on the drive back, "Slow down...watch that truck...too close!" :)
i wanted to get home asap, i was driving 90-110 mph the entire way home! lol

TwisterUp

Reaction score
I didn't think anything could live up to the title/description of this post...... Oh, how wrong I was. This truly is the most amazing collecting ever.

Altar

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Don't be ridiculous. If he burned them and shot a video for all to see, you would have no right to be upset. These are HIS drums now, HE is free to do what he may with them. He is probably trying to get back some of the money he spent.... I'm guessing these aren't his only drums. If he doesn't need another kit, he doesn't, and there is nothing wrong with turning them for some cash.

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
Yeah, shouldn't have split up the kit. Serials look like they were together from day one.

Nice haul though.

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
dexplosion said:
Am I the only one against this?

You broke up the guy's kit.
It doesn't appear that you have any connection to it or him, and you're even using his name for profit.
Nobody probably knows who he is, I sure don't, but yet I'm supposed to be all impressed by his name.

Did you play them? Can you tell me how they sound? Did you even spend time with them?
Do you even drum bro?
if you are that broken up about it, then bid on all the pieces and keep it together. oh wait, you never even heard of Barrett, guess thats out...

otherwise, you can let the few dudes around the world who have been dying for years to pick up a BOP jazz fest or 18" floor tom at a fair auction price have their chance. when was the last time you saw either of those pieces start at $100 with no reserve? EVERYONE gets the opportunity to have a crack at it.

also, the kit was 22, 12, 12, 16, 18... pretty bizarre setup that ive never really seen anyone play before, and im sure its not a desirable configuration. sure i could keep it together and be like every other dreamer on ebay and put it at 'buy it now' for 4500 or best offer and sit on it for 3 years til i give it away, or start the kit at 100 bucks and have it sell for 1200 + shipping, which would be fun to have to ship all together, esp with a damn canister throne.

and if i was using his name for profit, dont u think i would set exorbitant reserves and blow off about how amazing and special they are?

GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK MAN.

I source and sell rare vintage percussion FOR A LIVING. I am probably the most reasonably priced seller in this entire industry, just ask any of my hundreds of clients on here, and i have no problem spending hours on the phone with potential clients, taking hundreds of pictures and sending them off within minutes of a reply or phone call.

Sorry if i have a wife and kids to feed, rent and car payments, etc etc, and im not a liberal drum nerd. business is business.

and yes, i do play, and im pretty scary... - youtube.com/drumsbykevin

JCKOriollo

DFO Master
Reaction score
roundbadgedude said:
if you are that broken up about it, then bid on all the pieces and keep it together. oh wait, you never even heard of Barrett, guess thats out...

otherwise, you can let the few dudes around the world who have been dying for years to pick up a BOP jazz fest or 18" floor tom at a fair auction price have their chance. when was the last time you saw either of those pieces start at $100 with no reserve? EVERYONE gets the opportunity to have a crack at it.

also, the kit was 22, 12, 12, 16, 18... pretty bizarre setup that ive never really seen anyone play before, and im sure its not a desirable configuration. sure i could keep it together and be like every other dreamer on ebay and put it at 'buy it now' for 4500 or best offer and sit on it for 3 years til i give it away, or start the kit at 100 bucks and have it sell for 1200 + shipping, which would be fun to have to ship all together, esp with a damn canister throne.

and if i was using his name for profit, dont u think i would set exorbitant reserves and blow off about how amazing and special they are?

GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK MAN.

I source and sell rare vintage percussion FOR A LIVING. I am probably the most reasonably priced seller in this entire industry, just ask any of my hundreds of clients on here, and i have no problem spending hours on the phone with potential clients, taking hundreds of pictures and sending them off within minutes of a reply or phone call.

Sorry if i have a wife and kids to feed, rent and car payments, etc etc, and im not a liberal drum nerd. business is business.

and yes, i do play, and im pretty scary... - youtube.com/drumsbykevin
Great response and nice playing btw Kevin. I hadn't checked your youtube out. Very cool. I think given the circumstances parting the blue oyster kit out makes sense. That's a pretty strange configuration. People who don't ever buy drums to sell them and make a profit on them just don't get it sometimes...you gotta make a profit

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
thanks J, i havent had the op to play much as of late, and i really miss making useless vids for youtube, hopefully i can get back on the stick soon!

Latest posts