MUST SEE!! i just bought the most AMAZING collection ever!! L@@K!

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Can we play I spy??

I spy.... a 1930's WFL Twin strainer! Very cool. Great score and glad to see you rescued all of those drums! What a great oppertunity!

JeremiahJohnson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Absolutely killer collection Kev! Can't say I'm not jealous. I've done a lot of digging for vintage drums/cymbals and can't imagine finding all of these drums together in one room. You're gonna make a pretty penny, I'm sure. Curious about the details of how the deal went down. Enlighten us when you get a chance.

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
wflkurt said:
Can we play I spy??

I spy.... a 1930's WFL Twin strainer! Very cool. Great score and glad to see you rescued all of those drums! What a great oppertunity!
you are correct! 14"x7" WFL zephyr with twin strainer, all original in wmp! awesome drum :)

JeremiahJohnson said:
Absolutely killer collection Kev! Can't say I'm not jealous. I've done a lot of digging for vintage drums/cymbals and can't imagine finding all of these drums together in one room. You're gonna make a pretty penny, I'm sure. Curious about the details of how the deal went down. Enlighten us when you get a chance.
Thanks Jer, let me know if u can use anything!

JeremiahJohnson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
roundbadgedude said:
Can we play I spy??

you are correct! 14"x7" WFL zephyr with twin strainer, all original in wmp! awesome drum :)

JeremiahJohnson said:
Thanks Jer, let me know if u can use anything!
Oh I could use a lot of that haha...but my pockets are not that deep at the moment.

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
JeremiahJohnson said:
Oh I could use a lot of that haha...but my pockets are not that deep at the moment.
ah well we've done business in the past, i know you are a stand up dude and a great reseller, lemme know if we can work anything out, would love to get ya some rad pieces and pass the profits along!

Way Out Wardell

Reaction score
It truly makes me glad that these were brought back from an uncertain future in that storage shed, and I hope that the buyers appreciate the history of what they get.

Mr. Deems had a regular gig at Andy's here in town. On my 21st birthday, my old man took me there to hear some music (bassist John Bany and his trio) and imbibe a bit. BD was there, too...my dad waved him over and he sat and talked with us for most of the evening, occasionally playing a ride pattern on his coffee cup with a spoon.
Before we left, he gave me a promo photo which he signed 'good health - Barrett Deems'.

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
FYI - THE LAVENDER LUDWIG SNARE WAS SOLD 2 DAYS AGO!

i must have received 20 messages regarding this snare but it was first come first serve, sorry to all who missed it!

Slowking

Reaction score
roundbadgedude said:

i must have received 20 messages regarding this snare but it was first come first serve, sorry to all who missed it!
Once again ROUND BADGE DUDE is promoting his drums for sale in the Vintage section. Yeah there's some great stuff that he acquired. There's a couple of lousy cell phone pictures and nothing of historical value to offer to the community. Just a bunch more of his self promotion drivel. And now he's yelling at people that wanted to buy something from him. Seriously DUDE why don't you take this circus to the for sale section and shut up?

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
slowking said:

Once again ROUND BADGE DUDE is promoting his drums for sale in the Vintage section. Yeah there's some great stuff that he acquired. There's a couple of lousy cell phone pictures and nothing of historical value to offer to the community. Just a bunch more of his self promotion drivel. And now he's yelling at people that wanted to buy something from him. Seriously DUDE why don't you take this circus to the for sale section and shut up?
lol wow.

its amazing i have to keep defending myself here.

this isnt a for sale thread, just sharing a score i made. i didnt even put a link to my ebay ads and i have not listed any prices or pushed any individual pieces anywhere in this entire thread.

and who am i yelling at?? i was just just letting everyone who's interested in certain pieces that they are no longer available! geez man.

seems like a lot of people are mad at me for some reason for acquiring this collection...

and you should watch your mouth and the way you speak to people...

Slowking

Reaction score
madchops82 said:
Yeah. Let's here the story. Story comes first.
Let me guess the story. There's a lot more where this load came from still sitting there waiting to be scooped up?

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
slowking said:
Let me guess the story. There's a lot more where this load came from still sitting there waiting to be scooped up?
there could be... could be going for insanely cheap prices too...

franke

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is the vintage drum equivalent of the proverbial Bugatti in the barn, only difference being that instead of a car, it's a load of drums, and instead of someone simply stumbling upon it one day, as the story goes, someone (roundbadgedude), it would seem, had to be willing to expend a great deal of time and put some money at risk before they even had a firm deal towards acquiring this collection (as I am sure that there was nothing preventing it from being sold to someone else while roundbadgedude was on his way west).

Moreover, as those who actively buy/collect/trade/sell this stuff know, this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime find. There are few who remain who are old enough to have acquired this stuff when new and bothered to store it away. Most, like Deems, have passed on and now their collections are in the hands of oft-befuddled heirs, who may have no inkling of the value or relevance of what they've been left. To them, it might be just a crate load of "grandpa's old junk" that they are paying storage fees for.

While a very small number may take issue with the notion of someone profiting from selling a collection like this, one should take the long view and consider that the best way to save and preserve these drums is by selling them, for the likely buyers are other collectors who will preserve and appreciate these drums well into the future. Which would you prefer, the collection falling into the hands of roundbadgedude or one of these guys?

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
FYI- the past few days ive spoken to and sold 5 drums so far to most of these people on this list (not mentioning who purchased as apposed to spoke to me, as to protect buyer privacy):

-Steve Maxwell
-Mike Curotto
-Bob Campbell
-Mark Cooper
-Jim Messina
*-well known collectors on this forum

as you know, the first 5 names posted are some the biggest and most well respected gentlemen in this industry. these drums are going where they belong, to collectors who will love and respect the pieces as they deserved to be, and have been offered to these people below market value, as i am proud to have them acquire these pieces.

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah. Noting wrong here. Me likes a story though. Down to the tension in the car with your lady (if there was any).

Anyways...congrats. It's amazing.

H

hindadoon

Great drums, great score.

Having said that, in my opinion, constantly self promoting sales in the vintage section is disrespectful. RB is the main culprit, but there are others who could care less because there is more traffic here in this section. If everyone decided to follow his lead this place would truly suck.

Paul

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
hindadoon said:

Having said that, in my opinion, constantly self promoting sales in the vintage section is disrespectful. RB is the main culprit, but there are others who could care less because there is more traffic here in this section. If everyone decided to follow his lead this place would truly suck.

Paul
1. The expression is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
(Sorry for the OT, but that's a pet peeve of mine.)

2. I think roundbadge's posts here are cool because he's upfront about what he does. What bothers me much more are those experienced dealers who come on this forum to promote but disguise their posts by "what's it worth?" or "ever seen one of these?" questions even though they've been buying and selling for years and know full well what they have.

OptikDrums

Player
Reaction score
Rich K. said:

Paul
1. The expression is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
(Sorry for the OT, but that's a pet peeve of mine.)

2. I think roundbadge's posts here are cool because he's upfront about what he does. What bothers me much more are those experienced dealers who come on this forum to promote but disguise their posts by "what's it worth?" or "ever seen one of these?" questions even though they've been buying and selling for years and know full well what they have.
Agreed. And what would be worse is if he posted each individual drum in the for sale section.. That entire area of the site would be spammed.
You know, when you fall on a collection like this, there is going to be those guys that just have to voice negative opinions regardless of how or what you do. Plus, i don't believe he has actually turned this into a "for sale" thread. We.. "DFO" kinda did.
Hopefully the drum - brotherhood will return soon!

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
hindadoon said:

Paul
lol again, i am not promoting sales here, just sharing this score with everyone.

look man, everyone knows im a reseller. i literally cant post anything here without people getting up in arms.

heres the bottom line - i scored the BIGGEST score ive ever had, and probably ever will have.
i am super stoked about it.
i wanted to share it with everyone here, cuz i know if anyone here scored this they would be just as excited about it.