my 1993 pearl master customs (first year)

fivestarkid

Reaction score
just figured id share a cool set with everyone and see what they thought. 1st year issue super rare sapphire sunburst finish......they are 6,10,12,14,16 ( not pictured ) 14x8 pearl brass floating snare, 20" bass and 20" gong drum!! I was in a danny carey mood when I set that up. the 8x8" tom is a legend maple. great drum also. these toms sing. one of the best sounding sets ive played. love pearl!!!!!!! the snare was recently patinaed, kind of like the pork pie snares. plain brass was kind of boring to me. it came out decent. 1991 22" paiste signature heavy ride ( danny carey ) and paiste 16" twenty series hats!!!! sweeeeet

love pearl!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

AustinFitz

Reaction score
Those are pretty cool! I too love Pearl lol. Got any more pics of the snare? That patina looks quite interesting!

jdc

Reaction score
those drums look great. i'm a huge pearl fan, such great drums. that finish on your brass snare is super cool. i just picked up a bronze free-floater and i really dig it.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love the finish. That was just a great era of drums. Every manufacturer had an amazing maple kit that I'd be happy to play and Pearl was probably the best value.

fivestarkid

Reaction score
those drums look great. i'm a huge pearl fan, such great drums. that finish on your brass snare is super cool. i just picked up a bronze free-floater and i really dig it.
I patinaed the thing myself......used videos on youtube…..white vinegar and ammonia.....the ammonia was tough to deal with as far as smell.. but it all worked out well. brass tarnishes pretty quick anyway. so I sped it up and the put about 4 layers of lacquer on her. more interesting than regular brass.....and cool on the bronze pick up...I was in a danny carey mood and was after the 8x14 bronze carey signature snare. just missed it on ebay by one bid. so I found a rare tama 8x14 bronze...killer!

Latest posts