My band has just released our first album.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
While I may not put that on to relax and go to sleep by, it's interesting, orgional and fun as hello! I absolutely LOVE the drum sounds and your playing. Even with different mixes and post effects, the drums always sound like a great acoustic drum sound and that is pretty easy to loose at times.

On Super Barrio Mothers, are you using three toms or two? It sounds like the higher open drum is in addition to the other toms. A really nice mix and drum sound once again!

Fun stuff, nothing but the best for traction and success with the release!

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't get it at all, I have to say. But, I agree with Fat Drummer that the drum set sounds great.

What did you call that style of music??????

GeeDeeEmm

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I may not put that on to relax and go to sleep by, it's interesting, orgional and fun as hello! I absolutely LOVE the drum sounds and your playing. Even with different mixes and post effects, the drums always sound like a great acoustic drum sound and that is pretty easy to loose at times.

On Super Barrio Mothers, are you using three toms or two? It sounds like the higher open drum is in addition to the other toms. A really nice mix and drum sound once again!

Fun stuff, nothing but the best for traction and success with the release!
Wow you made it pretty far! Thanks. I have a six inch rototom mounted on my kick. Another years-old mom gift. I have bought some of my own drums since then.

colorroto.jpg

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Yes!
Wacky yet sophisticated Avant Garde
Fun listen!
I'd love to have a project like yours!
Congrats & BRAVO!

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In your op you mentioned not being for everyone....well it sure is for me!!!!
Right up my alley!! I've had the fortune of working with John Zorn many years ago in his Xue Feng phase which was like phsycotic cartoon music and have continued in that vein....so your description got me!!!!
Ten thumbs up!!!!
bt

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In your op you mentioned not being for everyone....well it sure is for me!!!!
Right up my alley!! I've had the fortune of working with John Zorn many years ago in his Xue Feng phase which was like phsycotic cartoon music and have continued in that vein....so your description got me!!!!
Ten thumbs up!!!!
bt
Whoa! Zorn is definitely a deity in my pantheon. Thanks!