header.nohb.html

My Band on Spotify

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a few songs on Spotify by my current band called The AshDads. We’re going for a roots/country type thing.
I wrote and sang two of them, 3 Sheets To The Wind and Tennessee after we decided that if we weren’t gigging during the pandemic we should write some country songs. So, I attempted to write a bonafide cryin’ in my beer tune with 3 Sheets. With Tennessee, I some how thought that I was supposed to sound like John Denver and it wasn’t my intention but I guess my roots are showing. I also sing You Ain’t Here No More. But, didn’t write it. Payback In Blues was written and sung by our rhythm guitar player and he and I made our best Statler Brothers impersonation.
Here they are….

Last edited:

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a few songs on Spotify by my current band called The AshDads. We’re going for a roots/country type thing.
I wrote and sang two of them, 3 Sheets To The Wind and Tennessee after we decided that if we weren’t gigging during the pandemic we should write some country songs. So, I attempted to write a bonafide cryin’ in my beer tune with 3 Sheets. With Tennessee, I some how thought that I was supposed to sound like John Denver and it wasn’t my intention but I guess my roots are showing. I also sing You Ain’t Here No More. But, didn’t write it. Payback In Blues was written and sung by our rhythm guitar player and he and I made our best Statler Brothers impersonation.
Here they are….

Hmm, the other two were just posted yesterday. Maybe they’re not worthy.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great playing, and great singing!

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
I love it Roch. A few friends and I did something very similar to this around 30 years ago. We were not really country players we just tapped into some of the roots of the music we usually played. I also got to sing a few tunes as well as play drums.

Ironically it was probably the most fun I ever had playing music. Thanks for sharing!

Rick

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re having fun. We’re lucky because our guitar player is a Fanshawe graduate and loves to do this stuff as a hobby. We’ve gigged three times since the pandemic began. Renfrew is a small town. Not much of a music scene. I was gone for 30 years so, I’m out of the loop. So, it’s old friends and beer on Thursday nights.

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
We’re having fun. We’re lucky because our guitar player is a Fanshawe graduate and loves to do this stuff as a hobby. We’ve gigged three times since the pandemic began. Renfrew is a small town. Not much of a music scene. I was gone for 30 years so, I’m out of the loop. So, it’s old friends and beer on Thursday nights.
jammin some tunes and frosty beverages, gotta love it!

Ryukyu

Reaction score
Not really my cup of tea, but I can still appreciate the musicianship and production quality in these songs.
Really nice job!

Paistekid

Reaction score
Here they are….

Curious to know the kit you used for the recordings.

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually a Supra or Jazz Fest. 20 inch Gretsch Round Badge kick. K’s for cymbals. Usually Master sound hats. As a singing drummer, I rarely use toms. Only live. Then, I give them a whack or two to impress the chicks.

Last edited: