My Daughter's 3ply kit is complete!!

harry

Reaction score
Thanks to all that helped me find her drums! So for her birthday in a few weeks she will have a "67" supra, a "67" 9x13, "70" 14z22 and I ordered today a 16x16 "Legacy" green sparkle. Cymbals: 20" K Zildjian Pre-Aged Dry Light ride, and a 16" Sabian Vault, 16" Sabian (80's) AA crash and 14" Zildjian New Beats. Don't think it will be here for the birthday but won't be long. Wonder if she will let me play them??? I'll post photos after the Legacy comes in.
Later.
Harry

bjornk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's my daughters Ludwig 3-ply set. They're 24x14, 13x9, 16x16 and an early -70's supra. It's great when your children can share the passion of drumming with you, especially when it's a girl. By the way, my daughter is 16.

carl1969

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 6 & 8 year old (both girls), I've been thinking of putting together a kit from my old 3 plys for them and recovering them in either pink or purple sparkle. I'm leaning more toward purple due to the fact that if a time arises that either I need them or I may have to sell them that purple is less embarassing for a guy to play behind. Not that it matters to me, I'd play pink, purple, who cares. Maybe trick it out with a nice set of Paiste PST5's for them too.

Jimmy Willis

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
bjornk said:
Here's my daughters Ludwig 3-ply set. They're 24x14, 13x9, 16x16 and an early -70's supra. It's great when your children can share the passion of drumming with you, especially when it's a girl. By the way, my daughter is 16.

Wow, that is a great looking set. You're daughter is very blessed. It's great the two of you share something in common. My father was a drummer and I was blessed to play on his Ludwig and Gretsch kits growing up. I wish I still had them. When I was 16, I would have loved to own a 3 ply kit with a 24' kick drum.

Hats off to you Bjornk for being one cool and caring dad!

Vipercussionist

Drummer Extra Ordinary
Reaction score
carl1969 said:
I have a 6 & 8 year old (both girls), I've been thinking of putting together a kit from my old 3 plys for them and recovering them in either pink or purple sparkle. I'm leaning more toward purple due to the fact that if a time arises that either I need them or I may have to sell them that purple is less embarassing for a guy to play behind. Not that it matters to me, I'd play pink, purple, who cares. Maybe trick it out with a nice set of Paiste PST5's for them too.
Real men can play pink drums!!

See (if you can find the pic) Bun E's Pink Oyster kit!
(There's someone on DFO with a kit of Pink Sparkle too.)

Vipercussionist

Drummer Extra Ordinary
Reaction score
bjornk said:
Did Cindy Blackman ever play in your town? If so those drums are worth a FORTUNE on eBay!! :lol: :D

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
great stuff guys. my daughter never cared for them. nice to see you all sharing your passions with your kids. :)

mike

harry

Reaction score
Mine is going to be 11. She seems interested for now..she plays clarinet in band, plays little piano and she has a mini strat. My parents gave me a chance so we are doing the same.
Harry

Chris

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Harry, Thats great that you are giving your daughter incentive to stick with it.Nice choice of drums! BjornK's kit is almost identical to mine,I had to look twice.Only difference is my virgin bass is a 22".My set is pieced together.Bass & 16" tomare 70's,13" tom is 60's.

Den

DFO Master
Reaction score
Children are like sponges, they soak up whatever surrounds them. That's why it's always said, no smoking or illegal drug use around kids, they'll think it's okay to do these things.

Take that a bit further and you have what we see here. Your daughter being around vintage drums and nice old equipment has spread to her through you. It's great to see that she has at least taken a liking for the instrument. Hopefully she will follow this old adage, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Keep teaching her the value of owning such beautiful equipment, it will carry over into many other things in her life as well.

Good job!

bjornk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Chris said:
Harry, Thats great that you are giving your daughter incentive to stick with it.Nice choice of drums! BjornK's kit is almost identical to mine,I had to look twice.Only difference is my virgin bass is a 22".My set is pieced together.Bass & 16" tomare 70's,13" tom is 60's.
Same is my daughters set :D , I have pieced it together for her. She's using the drums in one all girl psychobilly group and an obscure popband.
Harry, my daughter is also playing some guitar and piano. I've never pushed her into playing any instruments but I've given her the opportunity to get interested by having different instruments in the house.

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
Hey Harry,
That's great, glad I could help you out. Post some pics when you have it all together.

Archt

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hats off to you dads that bought you kids vintage drums....thats just too cool.

katfish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Harry,

That sounds like an awesome kit. I'm sure that your daughter will appreciate it very much. Will you be rewrapping the tom and bass drum in green sparkle to match the Legacy floor tom? Looking forward to seeing pics!

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Harry and Bjorn, you're obviously raising those girls right!
My daughter shows occasional interest and can play a reasonably steady beat using a quarter note ride pattern, but I don't push her. If she does it when she feels like it, I think that there's a better chance of her getting into it later than if I'm hounding her to play. Every now and then she'll come out to the garage and jump on the kit that I'm not using and we'll have at it. Great fun for us, probably less so for the neighbors!

harry

Reaction score
katfish said:
Hi Harry,

That sounds like an awesome kit. I'm sure that your daughter will appreciate it very much. Will you be rewrapping the tom and bass drum in green sparkle to match the Legacy floor tom? Looking forward to seeing pics!

She does not know yet that I have them (except for Legacy), but she said," if I get the jelly bean drums for my birthday then maybe next year "when I grow up" we can have them re-wrapped green"! That's but one of the reasons for the Legacy,
Later,
Harry

BTW..Bjornk, your daughters kit is wonderful looking!!!

Latest posts