MY DRUM PHOTO ARCHIVE IS NOW AVAIL FOR DL

drummerfish

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
*updated: more links 4-27-19 with more pics added to others.

to refresh everyone's memory, i have a bunch of drum pics that i've mostly found online that were meant to be used for a couple of sites i was working on, but i just don't have the time to do them and i hate to just delete them, so i'm offering them to all on the drum forums for free.

i tried to save the best quality pics while others are a little smaller but they're still cool. use'em for whatever you want to.

the links below should take you to each photo album were you can DL the albums or the pics in each album. the links below are hardly visable (this site shows the links in blue, for me anyway) and you might see some drum forum member pics (i had asked to use them years ago)

this will be avail as long as google allows it to be free, so people should be able to DL for years.

**LOTS MORE TO COME. i will update this post with new links added to the bottom of the list.

----------------------------------------------
= 1800's - 30's pics:

= 40's - 50's pics:

= 60's pics:

=70's pics:

= 80's:

= buddy rich 1:

= buddy rich 2:

= keith moon:

= beatles on drums:

= art blakey / ray mckinley:

= gene krupa 1:

= gene krupa 2:

= louie bellson:

= joe morello:

= max roach, dave tough:

= shelly manne, sonny greer:

= charlie watts, papa jo jones:

= misc drum ads:

= star drummers 20's - 00's:

= celebrities on drums:

Last edited:

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was a able to download a pic....thanks.

I'm curious as to what the item is between his hi hat and rack tom? It looks like a giant pepper shaker. :D

buddy on genes kit.jpg

MasterBlaster

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Who is the little kid? I was thinking it was a young Buddy but it sure (hair and shoes) looks like a girl. His daughter?

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Who is the little kid? I was thinking it was a young Buddy but it sure (hair and shoes) looks like a girl. His daughter?
"Traps" was indeed Buddy Rich around age 4 I believe.

"Wunderkind"

The hair style was appropriate for the early 20th century.

Kinda looks like Phil Lesch's haircut circa 1967. Lol

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It’s the bottom of a light ala Krupa, who projected huge shadow figures on a back wall/screen while played. Must have gotten pretty hot up there.

Ah right, that makes sense, thanks. I remember that effect, obviously before pyrotechnics were used. :) And yes, hot for sure. Even a couple par 54 cans from 20 feet weren't much fun on stage. That thing looks like a search light.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It’s the bottom of a light ala Krupa, who projected huge shadow figures on a back wall/screen while played. Must have gotten pretty hot up there.
Good catch-I just downloaded that pic and the "save as" came up as "buddy on genes kit"...!

Now we know why these guys were sweating so much-besides the full (wool?) suits and ties-they were frying them up close with spotlights!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Since the pics are Buddy Rich pics...

A little more on "Traps the Drum Wonder"

Link to a Buddy performance of "Stars and Stripes Forever" at age 12-

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
Buddy’s parents kept him looking as immature as possible - the clothes, the haircut, and the ever-bigger bass drum - because that was his niche. He was supporting his family from age 2, was on Broadway at 4, and was the 2nd highest paid child entertainer at age 15. It is suggested that this early responsibility led to his never having a childhood and his adult temper on less-than-perfect musicians.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Buddy’s parents kept him looking as immature as possible - the clothes, the haircut, and the ever-bigger bass drum - because that was his niche.
Yep, and he hated it. Especially the Buster Brown haircut.

drummerfish

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
more added to the list with alot more to come.

i don't know how to pin the thread or whatever you call it, so for now i'll have to keep updating the list.

ThomFloor

Reaction score
Great pics. Moon's Pictures of Lily setup is really something to behold. 3 mounted toms all of varying angles, 3 floor toms, no hihat and 2 or 3 flat crash cymbals mounted fairly high. Would be hard for me to sit and play that setup.

rock roll

Reaction score
Very cool pics. I have added most of them to my collection .
It takes a lot of try's to get them to load sometimes.
Thx,

Latest posts