My drums on Seth Meyers all week...

Reaction score
No, they aren't being played by me. But even better, they are being played by a longtime student of mine named Raghav Mehrotra.
His new Ludwig's hadn't come in yet, so he asked if he could use my Gretsch's.

This is his second week on Seth Meyers, and he has a class on Drumeo, and has tons of followers on a few platforms.
But most importantly, he can really play his butt off!!!!

He is a GREAT student, and a VERY nice kid, who has been raised RIGHT! Teaching him is a ton of fun, he is the ideal student! But I often get calls from him like this,
"Sorry I can't take lessons this week because I'm doing Seth Meyers,"
or
"I can't take lessons for a while because I am doing a Broadway show, I'm sorry!" (He was in School of Rock in NYC for a long time.)

But along with his success, his musicality, maturity, taste, humility, and sense of groove, is pretty deep, and always getting deeper!
Not bad for 16.....

Check him out!
MSG

mikeylicious78

Reaction score
You should be proud to have such an amazing and talented student! I'm a fan as well. He's got that Nate Smith style of pocket, but still able to chop out (Tastefully, of course!)

Reaction score
I am really proud of Raghav (I did create a thread about him, and I don't create many threads.) I've been meaning to watch his drumeo stuff, but I just haven't had the chance. A few of my other students follow him, and say Raghav's drumeo series is very good.

But I am proud of ALL of my guys (and girls.) I have had many students go on to have success playing drums and music. A few have been in bands that have been signed to major labels and toured internationally. Some are stalwarts in the local music scene, one is even a pretty popular rapper and producer. Many have gone on to major in music at various colleges, a handful are teaching music in the public school system, and many continue to play drums for the sheer love and joy that it brings them and others.

I have had many adult students who now play drums regularly in jazz and rock bands (and sound really good!) And a few "professionals" (doctors, lawyers, scientists, etc) who are thankful to drumming for just keeping them sane in this crazy world we live in today.

I am also proud of the fact that many of the underprivileged students that I taught for a long time turned out to be really good and responsible adults, when society (and their families) didn't give them much guidance towards achieving that goal.

Changing the world one drummer at a time!
MSG

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, they aren't being played by me. But even better, they are being played by a longtime student of mine named Raghav Mehrotra.
His new Ludwig's hadn't come in yet, so he asked if he could use my Gretsch's.

This is his second week on Seth Meyers, and he has a class on Drumeo, and has tons of followers on a few platforms.
But most importantly, he can really play his butt off!!!!

He is a GREAT student, and a VERY nice kid, who has been raised RIGHT! Teaching him is a ton of fun, he is the ideal student! But I often get calls from him like this,
"Sorry I can't take lessons this week because I'm doing Seth Meyers,"
or
"I can't take lessons for a while because I am doing a Broadway show, I'm sorry!" (He was in School of Rock in NYC for a long time.)

But along with his success, his musicality, maturity, taste, humility, and sense of groove, is pretty deep, and always getting deeper!
Not bad for 16.....

Check him out!
MSG
Right on man. That's great that one of your students, playing one of your drums, gets such exposure at such a young age.
All good.
I'm not much for late nights these days, but I'll make it a point to stay up and watch tonight.
Thanks for the heads up. -b

Elvis

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am really proud of Raghav (I did create a thread about him, and I don't create many threads.) I've been meaning to watch his drumeo stuff, but I just haven't had the chance. A few of my other students follow him, and say Raghav's drumeo series is very good.

But I am proud of ALL of my guys (and girls.) I have had many students go on to have success playing drums and music. A few have been in bands that have been signed to major labels and toured internationally. Some are stalwarts in the local music scene, one is even a pretty popular rapper and producer. Many have gone on to major in music at various colleges, a handful are teaching music in the public school system, and many continue to play drums for the sheer love and joy that it brings them and others.

I have had many adult students who now play drums regularly in jazz and rock bands (and sound really good!) And a few "professionals" (doctors, lawyers, scientists, etc) who are thankful to drumming for just keeping them sane in this crazy world we live in today.

I am also proud of the fact that many of the underprivileged students that I taught for a long time turned out to be really good and responsible adults, when society (and their families) didn't give them much guidance towards achieving that goal.

Changing the world one drummer at a time!
MSG
This is what it’s all about right here. Congrats on your success and your impact.