My first kit 40 years later

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I still have my first kit 51 years later! Almost lost 'er, but brought 'er back to life...

Blue Sparkle Restored.jpg

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Picked them up yesterday..they are in great shape..haven't played a set up like this for a few years..gonna have to raise my throne a bit..I put new heads on, coated Emperors, as they still had the original stock heads on top..thunderous drums, they are..the owner, kept the snare drum..I messaged him and hinted around that I would like one but he never took the bait...maybe I can wear him down...couldn't get better pics, they are set up in a pretty cramped space..

Attachments

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
really cool! I wouldn't want my first kit (CB700) or my second (Ludwig Rocker) but my third kit (Ludwig Classic) will be 25 in October :)

PerfectImposter

Reaction score
I visited Dave's Drum shop for the first time about three weeks ago. What a great store. I saw your drums there as well, if I could have fit two kits in my car they might have come home with me. I'm glad I didn't buy them now though.

drumdevil9

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats, that's a happy ending.

I've been thinking about my first kit lately though it was nothing to write home about (Westbury with concert toms). But it would probably be cheap to buy back!

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
drummerbill said:
Congrats on the re-score!!!!!! :-( {Will not let the lil lady know !!!!!! ;-) )
Actually, she convinced me to buy them. The dog, on the other hand, doesnt care for them much.

Boomer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I found my old first kit kit at Music Go Round in 2006. It was a 3-pc MIJ kit that I got in 1969 and passed along in 1972 when I got a new kit. I bought it back for $60. It was still in great shape. In fact, I played it at a couple of small art gallery gigs (with a modern snare). I gave it away last year to a program that gives drums to underprivileged kids.

DC9A8CF2E-9B24-45DB-A080-7DBD9B50362F.jpegD7680C43-E9A2-4872-BDB7-27D9D0F82D22.jpeg

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Congrats on great job Roch. Real glad that you were able to get them back!

Mike

Latest posts