header.nohb.html

My funky friend Zak is playing now..

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I thought it was gonna be a long performance. Moderators can delete if they want.

almamadre

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zak Najor is in my top-ten ALL-TIME favorite drummers. His early work with Greyboy All Stars and Robert Walter had a profound impact on me.

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Zak Najor is in my top-ten ALL-TIME favorite drummers. His early work with Greyboy All Stars and Robert Walter had a profound impact on me.
Me too. My older siblings got me into those groups when I was young and I’d always play along to their CD’s. I was able to get a hold of Zak later and get a lesson with him and we’ve been friends ever since

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep. These are the songs I liked best from that album and would play along to:

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've seen him a few times with Karl Denson. Great drummer.
Cool. Karl Denson is starting a tour this month, not sure if Zak is playing with them but I bought a ticket anyway. The main act is CeeLo Green and they’re dedicating the night to the music of James Brown or something. So Karl will probably play a bunch of James Brown songs.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh man Greyboy Allstars has been on heavy rotation in my practice playlists. For some reason, I've never looked up who the drummer was. I guess I thought the majority of that stuff of that was loops. Anyway, Zak is really killing it in the OP.

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh man Greyboy Allstars has been on heavy rotation in my practice playlists. For some reason, I've never looked up who the drummer was. I guess I thought the majority of that stuff of that was loops. Anyway, Zak is really killing it in the OP.
Zak stopped playing with Greyboy all stars, which also has Karl Denson in it, at least 10 years ago so all the new albums and shows are played by drummer Aaron Redfield but Zak has almost exclusively been the drummer for Karl Denson‘s tiny universe since his departure from GBA.