My Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just recently took the plunge and bought a NOS 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst. It has been a dream of mine to have a genuine, bonafide Gibson Les Paul from the "Good wood" era. Here are a few pictures. It came with the original shipping box, tags still on the machine heads, etc... Quite a beauty. It plays great and sounds even better.

Attachments

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. for years I wanted one and got a Ferrari red one. Great guitar but I finally sold it because it was just too heavy and I needed to downsize.

tris66

Reaction score
Did your auto correct change bonafide to bonfire? That Les Paul looks too pretty for kindling. Oh well. It didn't stop Hendrix from putting the Zippo to a few Strats....

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
tris66 said:
Did your auto correct change bonafide to bonfire? That Les Paul looks too pretty for kindling. Oh well. It didn't stop Hendrix from putting the Zippo to a few Strats....
Oh man...You are right... Darned autocorrect. I'll fix that now. Thanks for pointing that out to me! :)

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
I have a gold top from about 2002. Mind telling us what it cost? Thanks Ace
P.S. You can feel the quality in your hands.
010.JPG

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's nice! Had to be a surprise to find a 96 NOS. I'm in the market for a Les Paul myself. The late 80's to mid 90's Standards are what I've been eyeing. I've seen quite a few 70's era that are nice but I don't want to take out a second mortgage.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Atlantaskins said:
That's nice! Had to be a surprise to find a 96 NOS. I'm in the market for a Les Paul myself. The late 80's to mid 90's Standards are what I've been eyeing. I've seen quite a few 70's era that are nice but I don't want to take out a second mortgage.
It came with the original shipping box and tags still attached to the guitar!

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the same one but a 2001 model. Love the throaty, meaty sound from LP. I'm playing my David Gilmour modified strat today but I still would take a LP over a Strat anyday. Congrats!!!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have the same one but a 2001 model. Love the throaty, meaty sound from LP. I'm playing my David Gilmour modified strat today but I still would take a LP over a Strat anyday. Congrats!!!
Please post some pictures of your LP!

tripp2k

Reaction score
I had a '96 ebony that I traded for an amp. Should have kept it. I still have an '01 honeyburst that I put Lollar Imperials and 50s wiring into. Both LPs have chunkier necks which I prefer.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
My two definitely have the 50's style necks on them. I really like them. I am in the market for a Strat these days and I am looking at one of the Shawbucker American Strats.

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rob, these are incredible. Wow, you have quite the gear my man!

I need to tell you my recent guitar story. I'll message you on Facebook!

sheridan

Reaction score
I just recently took the plunge and bought a NOS 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst. It has been a dream of mine to have a genuine, bonafide Gibson Les Paul from the "Good wood" era. Here are a few pictures. It came with the original shipping box, tags still on the machine heads, etc... Quite a beauty. It plays great and sounds even better.
Gorgeous! I absolutely love the Standard Les Paul! Cherry Sunburst is a beautiful finish. Great choice! Have fun!

Latest posts