My incredible wife does it again! Premier Signia

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ditched Facebook awhile back but every so often I’ll look on the marketplace for interesting items. A few days back my wife and I were sitting on the couch and she was looking through the marketplace so I borrowed her phone to search for drums. A local guy happened to have a listing for a set of Premier Signias and I commented to my wife that they were amazing drums and that his price was very reasonable but didn’t say much more. Fast forward to this morning and she asked me to run an errand with her. The “errand” turned out to be meeting with the seller of the Signias. She contacted him without me knowing about it and agreed to buy the kit. I honestly do not deserve this woman and her heart of gold.
So now the household has the addition of a 10/12/14/22 Signia with matching 5” snare equipped with the diecast batter hoop. The kit is the natural finish. Still blown away. I’ll post some pics tomorrow before I tear it all down and give it a good cleaning.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outstanding.
These posts are such a cool thing to see on this site.
Love takes many forms.
You did well in selecting.
As did I.
Enjoy and I’m looking forward to seeing the pics of the kit.
I love a Signia kit. The hardware is pretty cool looking, too.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Amazing Wife for sure and yes, Signia’s are amazing too. My Wife’s cousin has a set and they sound fantastic.

… my Wife has never bought me a kit, but when she discovered I played drums at my Y2K gig, she insisted that I immediately buy a drum kit.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
My wife actually grabs the parking brake and windshield wipers when im driving. And doesn't see a problem with it

Last edited:

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks, Jeff. I’ll need to pull up a Premier catalog from the era. Here’s the kit.
Yep, those are Topaz. I had a Topaz 8/10/12/14/16/22 with the 7” deep matching snare bought new in 98. Currently I’ve got a Cherrywood 10/12/13/14/16/20/22 shell bank with both size matching wood and brass snares. They’re fantastic drums!

There was a satin natural maple finish towards the end of the Signia series (as well as satin walnut) that had gold accents on the square posts of the tube lugs.

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
There was a satin natural maple finish towards the end of the Signia series (as well as satin walnut) that had gold accents on the square posts of the tube lugs.
[/QUOTE]
Those were Signia Marquis , no rerings

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. I contacted Peter (Dancincrow) this morning and have ordered a Signia decal to apply to a black reso head. Gotta be period correct!

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Keep that wife. Excellent.

My wife will do similar things. She fully supports my passions. And that's one of the elements of why we made it to our 35th anniversary this year.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent score! Signia's are beautiful. They have a great sound. To me they sound very much like Ludwig Super Classic's.
About the wife: Good for you! That's how it should be. I luckily have the same kind of wife. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to have what I have. But it goes both ways, I always try to do those types of things for things that she likes as well. Both sides stay happy!

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I was selling Premier in the late 90’s, the satin maple & walnut Signia kits were pre-Marquis. The walnut is pictured in the Rebound 4 catalog.

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was selling Premier in the late 90’s, the satin maple & walnut Signia kits were pre-Marquis. The walnut is pictured in the Rebound 4 catalog.
[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected …..