My INDe Drum Lab Story

stefanwegner

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Here's a quick little story about a drum company. One day I was on Reverb and saw the coolest looking snare I'd seen in a long time. It was an INDe Kalamazoo Bronze "Quarantine" special. It just looked like it would sound amazing. So, despite needing another snare like needing another hole in my head, I decided to look into it. I did a quick bit of research on the company and the sound of that particular drum – or at least the closest model to it. INDe looked to be an innovative company making really nice products, and I'd read lots of good things about them on this site. So, I went back to Reverb and...it was sold. Bummed out, I contacted the company just in case there might be any more coming along. Josh agreed to make another one for me. Awesome! So he does that. Shares some tantalizing photos of the process and then ships it out. I'm pretty excited about a new 'Quarantine' snare to keep me busy during the quarantine! And so I wait. And wait...and wait. Without getting into the details, we had some 'issues' with shipping via USPS (which is my request for all cross border shipping – they don't hit us CNDs as hard as FedEx and UPS). Josh worked it out – he really took care of me. And today I received the drum I was hoping for. It really does sound amazing. And I have Josh to thank for personally making sure I got what I needed. Great guy. Exceptional company. And a very special snare. Please put these guys at the top of your list the next time you get an itchy wallet finger. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

drummertom

DFO Veteran
Staff member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the INDe club! Josh is making great drums, and his customer service is top shelf.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You generally read/hear nothing but good things about INDe drums. I'm especially intrigued by the infinite snare bed on the Kalamazoo series, although I'm not a big fan of the rivets from a purely cosmetic standpoint. Enjoy your new snare!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Josh is a great dude, totally committed to making great sounding and aesthetically beautiful drum, and he really knows his stuff. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer man. Congratulations on that amazing looking drum.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh is great! I had the issue that his tom rail didn't work out for me. He went out of his way to try to find a solution to the problem. Unfortunately, In the end it wouldn't work so I had to send it back. He refunded me immediately, no questions asked. Customer service at it's finest!

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know, man. It looks like that shell was left outside for a while...

Just kidding :laughing6: From everything I've read here the only thing better than Inde's products is the customer service.

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying your drum Stefan! It was a bit longer of a journey than either of us hoped, thanks for your patience!
I wonder if the first drum will ever turn up- Postal employees- please keep a lookout for a snare drum sized brown cardboard box! :)

stefanwegner

Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying your drum Stefan! It was a bit longer of a journey than either of us hoped, thanks for your patience!
I wonder if the first drum will ever turn up- Postal employees- please keep a lookout for a snare drum sized brown cardboard box! :)
I'm loving this drum! It's already just perfect right out of the box. Thank you so much, Josh.

ludwigjim

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Here's a quick little story about a drum company. One day I was on Reverb and saw the coolest looking snare I'd seen in a long time. It was an INDe Kalamazoo Bronze "Quarantine" special. It just looked like it would sound amazing. So, despite needing another snare like needing another hole in my head, I decided to look into it. I did a quick bit of research on the company and the sound of that particular drum – or at least the closest model to it. INDe looked to be an innovative company making really nice products, and I'd read lots of good things about them on this site. So, I went back to Reverb and...it was sold. Bummed out, I contacted the company just in case there might be any more coming along. Josh agreed to make another one for me. Awesome! So he does that. Shares some tantalizing photos of the process and then ships it out. I'm pretty excited about a new 'Quarantine' snare to keep me busy during the quarantine! And so I wait. And wait...and wait. Without getting into the details, we had some 'issues' with shipping via USPS (which is my request for all cross border shipping – they don't hit us CNDs as hard as FedEx and UPS). Josh worked it out – he really took care of me. And today I received the drum I was hoping for. It really does sound amazing. And I have Josh to thank for personally making sure I got what I needed. Great guy. Exceptional company. And a very special snare. Please put these guys at the top of your list the next time you get an itchy wallet finger. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for reading!
Josh is the best. Great products and a wonderful person. I have a 5x14 maple SD in Mahogany Satin & it's just terrific... Congrats

stefanwegner

Reaction score
Josh is the best. Great products and a wonderful person. I have a 5x14 maple SD in Mahogany Satin & it's just terrific... Congrats
Yeah, I thought it was worth sharing my story in support of great people doing great work. In times like these, being extra awesome to your customers really makes a difference. Josh went to distance for me. Couldn't be happier.