My latest use for an Inde BR3 bracket

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mounting the low timbale, in floor tom position, directly to the bass!

E89668D5-D3D1-40A3-B494-B6896CCB4E1F.jpeg
58AC736E-5A74-4749-983D-FFC8DEEAA228.jpeg
0915A67E-FF3D-4CCF-9C32-8CD0BDBF9FE0.jpeg

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does it bolt on through the shell of the bass drum or is it on a bridgish thing between the lugs on the bass?

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Band had rehearsal tonight and this setup worked out well! The guys liked the sound, and the mounting arrangements held up fine.

I did put a rubber shim between the L arm and the hoop claw, seen in the third pic. They would rattle together otherwise.

bob e michael

DFO Master
Reaction score
i love the , inde tom brackets .... i have them on all my toms now ... that's a cool set up you have there ....

Tyro

Reaction score
Great idea and I’m looking to do the same with a 12” tom as a “floor tom” in a micro bop kit. I see this was some time ago but curious in your experience over time and also what L arm is that if you remember, looks a bit longer on each side than what I’m finding. I will need an L arm at least 7x6” for this to work well… there’s the Inde lightweight arms though.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an indie mount on a timbale and that extra isolation makes it sound ... wonderful

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great idea. It'd probable be too heavy on the bass if I used my 13x14 tom in that position.

Nice setup, enjoy,
sherm

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Band had rehearsal tonight and this setup worked out well! The guys liked the sound, and the mounting arrangements held up fine.

I did put a rubber shim between the L arm and the hoop claw, seen in the third pic. They would rattle together otherwise.
You could just cut down the L-arm.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

In that situation maybe the ATLAS mount would be a better option. They stand off a little more from the shell, but they are heavier mounts.

sherm

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that situation maybe the ATLAS mount would be a better option. They stand off a little more from the shell, but they are heavier mounts.

sherm
Or an L arm with a thinner diameter on the INDe bracket side and a larger diameter (if needed) on the timbale side. I've seen L arms like that.

frankmott

Reaction score
You could just cut down the L-arm.
I just realized you meant the BD hoop. I thought you meant the timbale hoop was clattering against the L-arm. Couldn't you just move the L-arm out a half-inch? Or is that as extended as you can get it? If so, just get a longer L-arm. Or you could custom make one yourself with some all-thread. It works great and is cheap. All you need is a vise, a hammer and hacksaw.

The one pictured (on a BB2 as well) holds both my legless hihat (I'm a lefty), and a L-arm style cymbal holder.
IMG_7735.jpg
IMG_7736.jpg

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, it looks like bongomania (the OP) isn't active on the forum anymore, but the replies here might help someone eventually...

frank, not that it matters much now, but he meant that the bottom of the L arm was rattling against the top of the bass drum claw, not the bass drum hoop.

frankmott

Reaction score
Fwiw, it looks like bongomania (the OP) isn't active on the forum anymore, but the replies here might help someone eventually...

frank, not that it matters much now, but he meant that the bottom of the L arm was rattling against the top of the bass drum claw, not the bass drum hoop.
Thanks. I didn't even realize it was an old thread!