my new 1st ever Gretsch kit!

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats...Nice kit all around, sizes, color, just perfect! Thanks for making my decision a lot easier, next gig I’m rocking my Gretsch USA Tangerine Sparkle kit for sure :)

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice kit. I remember when me an my deliequent friends used to drink Wiedemann's beer. In 1981 it was 5 dollars a case and the drinking age for wine and beer was 18.

How different is that color from Red Sparkle?

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I need to warn you, though - and Johnny D will probably concur - those things breed. First you get one kit, then things happen and another comes along - and then another....

VintageUSA

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
YES ! Welcome to the family.
I ordered and received my USA shells in 1977 -- still gigging with them regularly.
There are other drums out there that are just as good, but there are none better...........enjoy.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
just got'em on Wednesday after ordering them in late July 2019.
USA Custom Red Glass glitter,satin Dakota Red with chrome inlay hoops,20/12/14/5.5 8 lug w/Microsensitive.
Here they are on their debut test drive last night...I have 3 more gigs this weekend so I'll have a pretty good idea how they perform!
View attachment 423937 View attachment 423938
why USA over Broadcaster ?

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
Cool, classy, and sexy.
Look at that smile on your guitarist’s face.
He be like: “That’s right, people. We got some Gretsch going on here.”

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
Awesome! I also have the same red kit in RB...that 20 booms!
indeed the 20" is astonishing! I had it tuned low for the 1st 2 gigs I did with the kit...UNREAL...it cut thru with a big fat low end.
the snare drum is such a surprise! damn...I had it tuned medium...it sounded full & fit the music perfectly.
the toms were medium to low...again plenty of tone & resonance...responded easily...must be the 302's...
my 2 Sunday gigs were jazzish so I raised the pitch all the way around the kit...BEAUTIFUL!!! everyone digs'em whose heard'em...
very happy with Gretsch!
Screenshot_2020-01-21  guykenwood • Instagram photos and videos.png

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice kit. I remember when me an my deliequent friends used to drink Wiedemann's beer. In 1981 it was 5 dollars a case and the drinking age for wine and beer was 18.

How different is that color from Red Sparkle?
it "glitters" in the light from crushed glass

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
indeed the 20" is astonishing! I had it tuned low for the 1st 2 gigs I did with the kit...UNREAL...it cut thru with a big fat low end.
the snare drum is such a surprise! damn...I had it tuned medium...it sounded full & fit the music perfectly.
the toms were medium to low...again plenty of tone & resonance...responded easily...must be the 302's...
my 2 Sunday gigs were jazzish so I raised the pitch all the way around the kit...BEAUTIFUL!!! everyone digs'em whose heard'em...
very happy with Gretsch! View attachment 424331
Never been a Gretsch guy, but those babies are gorgeous!! Enjoy!!