header.nohb.html

My new British Drum Company kit is here

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great choice. BDC is pure class, made by an amazing group of people , particularly Keith Keough.

I actually contacted you guys about the whitechapel kit you guys had as well as the carnaby slate! They'd already been sold LOL

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I actually contacted you guys about the whitechapel kit you guys had as well as the carnaby slate! They'd already been sold LOL
I do recall :) I wish I could get 10 kits at a time from them but I am not there yet and whatever I bring sell fast. People see the quality and the value.

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The only thing about BDC is that right now I'm wondering what's going on with the finish/marketing deal.

Like Lossforgain said, many of the BDC dealers don't have anything from them on their site. Also, they've completely taken away all of the finishes they've had over the past few years, and they've been replaced with I think 9 finishes. They within a few weeks they removed 3 of those new options and now they have like 6-7 available finishes. I don't know why they've replaced them all. It seems like right now there may be some transition going on and when combined with the current logistical affairs of the world, things may be sort of slow. Not sure, but I know that the product is phenomenal.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love that lug, it’s like a Ludwig Imperial, but better! still holding out for a Merlin snare! Will get one soon!

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

pbldrum

Reaction score
Here’s some pics/info for anybody wondering about BDC! First, big thanks to West Coast Drum Shop. Chris at WCDS was super nice and I couldn’t be happier about the experience with them.

Next, this is a legend series kit (all birch) and I have been told that these have a sound very very similar to all-birch Sonor Drums. They absolutely do. The closest sounding kit to this one that I have heard was an SQ1 kit at Fork’s in Nashville. Keith Keough, the founder, was the master builder at Premier so I’ve also read that they are similar to Premiers, but I’ve never heard Premier drums so I can’t comment on that.

My first impressions were that the drums are absolutely top notch quality (as they should be) and the hardware/lugs/rods/hoops are great. The hardware on this kit is fantastic and very sleek. The finish is gorgeous as well. I’ve always preferred black drums but it’s hard to make black super unique. They really did that with this kit that cause the black finish has a very fine and subtle pearlescent quality to it. It’s called Night Skye. The small details like the stripe going down the drum and the “made in Britain” badges and interior labels really look and feel luxurious. These drums do not feel mass-produced.

BDC claims that the patented cold process they use allows their drums to get a lower fundamental and a very good and balanced mix. I’m definitely drinking the kool aid on that one, because this 12x8 absolutely (with an ambassador) gets to a lower, punchier note than any Gretsch BK tom or Pearl tom I’ve used with the same head. I think the effect of the cold-press process is definitely true. The 16x16 growls and the 16x22 is a beast. Thunderous drums with low-end more reminiscent of maple or mahogany. That birch cut is there in spades too!

These drums are very modern. I would NOT recommend these to anyone going for a vintage sound or a jazz sound. BDC offers the Lounge series for a vintage/jazz sound. I probably would have gotten a lounge series but they only make lounge series kick drums with a 14” depth, and I really really do not like 14” depth kicks. They are just not enough for me.

Lastly, the snare drum. All I’ll say about the snare drum is that I’ve never in my life heard a 6.5 wood snare drum that sounds like Lars Ulrich’s black album snare. This one does except it’s just warmer. I mean damn it’s got more crack, sustain and body than any snare of the same size/material. It truly sounds like a gunshot. I was blown away by the snare. I have no idea how they made a 6.5 birch snare sound like this. My 6.5 Pearl BRX snare isn’t even close to being this strong and tune-able, even though the thickness is about the same as well. The sensitivity is incredible, and it has body unlike anything I’ve ever heard.

Anyhow, here’s some pics!!
Good for you! I was a "watcher" of this kit on Reverb and every time I looked at them I salivated. Just couldn't pull the trigger (no funds). Gorgeous drums! Good luck with them!!

604Pete

Reaction score
Here’s some pics/info for anybody wondering about BDC! First, big thanks to West Coast Drum Shop. Chris at WCDS was super nice and I couldn’t be happier about the experience with them.

Next, this is a legend series kit (all birch) and I have been told that these have a sound very very similar to all-birch Sonor Drums. They absolutely do. The closest sounding kit to this one that I have heard was an SQ1 kit at Fork’s in Nashville. Keith Keough, the founder, was the master builder at Premier so I’ve also read that they are similar to Premiers, but I’ve never heard Premier drums so I can’t comment on that.

My first impressions were that the drums are absolutely top notch quality (as they should be) and the hardware/lugs/rods/hoops are great. The hardware on this kit is fantastic and very sleek. The finish is gorgeous as well. I’ve always preferred black drums but it’s hard to make black super unique. They really did that with this kit that cause the black finish has a very fine and subtle pearlescent quality to it. It’s called Night Skye. The small details like the stripe going down the drum and the “made in Britain” badges and interior labels really look and feel luxurious. These drums do not feel mass-produced.

BDC claims that the patented cold process they use allows their drums to get a lower fundamental and a very good and balanced mix. I’m definitely drinking the kool aid on that one, because this 12x8 absolutely (with an ambassador) gets to a lower, punchier note than any Gretsch BK tom or Pearl tom I’ve used with the same head. I think the effect of the cold-press process is definitely true. The 16x16 growls and the 16x22 is a beast. Thunderous drums with low-end more reminiscent of maple or mahogany. That birch cut is there in spades too!

These drums are very modern. I would NOT recommend these to anyone going for a vintage sound or a jazz sound. BDC offers the Lounge series for a vintage/jazz sound. I probably would have gotten a lounge series but they only make lounge series kick drums with a 14” depth, and I really really do not like 14” depth kicks. They are just not enough for me.

Lastly, the snare drum. All I’ll say about the snare drum is that I’ve never in my life heard a 6.5 wood snare drum that sounds like Lars Ulrich’s black album snare. This one does except it’s just warmer. I mean damn it’s got more crack, sustain and body than any snare of the same size/material. It truly sounds like a gunshot. I was blown away by the snare. I have no idea how they made a 6.5 birch snare sound like this. My 6.5 Pearl BRX snare isn’t even close to being this strong and tune-able, even though the thickness is about the same as well. The sensitivity is incredible, and it has body unlike anything I’ve ever heard.

I like the hardware for starters, specifically the lugs and the leg holder-thingies (do these have a name???) on the floor tom. Classy and distinctive. Looks like they are very nicely finished inside too. Enjoy the kit!

kzac

Reaction score

Congratulations on your new kit. From your description it appears it has a sound much like my Recording custom, Deep, Clear, well defined, full bodied, individual tones. Hard to step away from them .....eh?

TonyVazquez

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, that kit is so sweet!
I like that hardware design, built like it
means really serious business!
Congrats!

TwoGuns

Reaction score

Very nice!

karlcrafton

Reaction score
Wow, what a great kit! Have fun!!
I watched the BDC UK drum show video, and holy cow that red stained (double bass) kit.
Really fantastic.
I dig what they have been doing these last few years.