My New Fender Jazz Bass

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....nice! I have a Squier jazz bass and it's sweet, but it's an import. For what I do, it's great, but one day, I'll have a "real deal" USA bass...nice!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I originally got a Squier JB but I returned it and got a Fender Player P Bass. I really liked the Jazz Bass the way it felt. To me, and I’m total newbie, I preferred the Jazz Bass to the P bass. I’m sure to more I play the P bass I’ll settle into it. Is yours a Player version?

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I originally got a Squier JB but I returned it and got a Fender Player P Bass. I really liked the Jazz Bass the way it felt. To me, and I’m total newbie, I preferred the Jazz Bass to the P bass. I’m sure to more I play the P bass I’ll settle into it. Is yours a Player version?
To be honest, I’m a failed guitarist learning bass. I bought a top of the line model for two reasons:

1. If I do get any good at it, I’ll want to upgrade eventually and here I won’t have to.

2. If I decide I want to sell it, I find the higher quality models tend to hold their value more.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I’m a failed guitarist learning bass. I bought a top of the line model for two reasons:

1. If I do get any good at it, I’ll want to upgrade eventually and here I won’t have to.

2. If I decide I want to sell it, I find the higher quality models tend to hold their value more.
I hear you. I’m actually getting the J bass as well. Sweetwater is great about returning gear. It arrives Wednesday.Here’s mine...
70CF9AB4-9111-431C-B75A-13451C22B714.jpeg