My new hobby...

bernard

Reaction score
...taking other people's songs and ruining them in interesting ways. In particular, I like the idea of taking a guitar riff and starting it at random places in the bar.
Stupid? Yes, absolutely. Blasphemy? Sure. Fun? Well, at least for me!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Reaction score
Better than the time I wanted to a cappella versions of KISS and Iron Maiden songs.
Dude, in the early 2000's, my brother and I did folk-ish/bluegrass versions of Maiden's stuff. We wanted to play tribute shows under the name Wooden Maiden. We arranged 6 or 7 songs and then never quite followed through buuuuuuut, we're not dead yet. There's still time for Wooden Maiden to rise from the grave... To this day, we still play our version of Aces high at pretty much every familly gathering!!! It annoys the hell out of our kids because we get completelly over the top and sing with way too much intensity and drama. Come on, if you're gonna play some acoustic Maiden, go big or go home... ;-)

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah!!!!!
Friggin brilliant.....way waaay better than being obsessed with the "right" beat.
You've made my day....thanks!!!
bt

This may be cool with a Shaggs toon.....

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...taking other people's songs and ruining them in interesting ways. In particular, I like the idea of taking a guitar riff and starting it at random places in the bar.
Stupid? Yes, absolutely. Blasphemy? Sure. Fun? Well, at least for me!
That's actually kinda cool, Bernard.
Gives it a really funky edge, but yes, laughably absurd.
Great stuff, thanks for posting that.
Different way to look at things. :thumbup:

Elvis

bernard

Reaction score
That's actually kinda cool, Bernard.
Gives it a really funky edge, but yes, laughably absurd.
Great stuff, thanks for posting that.
Different way to look at things. :thumbup:

Elvis
When all the gigs disappeared all of a sudden, I needed something to put a little pressure on me. I had also, for a long time, thought about getting to know a DAW and setting up a simple recording environment for quick demos.
So, I decided to try to come up with an interesting idea, arrange and record it -- good enough to be put on Youtube -- each Tuesday. OK, not all ideas have been great, the recordings are hit-and-miss and the video quality is really poor, but I'm learning a lot in the process and the weekly pressure keeps me on my toes. Still, it's just for fun.