My new Legacy Mahogany kit! And a question

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how I missed your post until now, but wow what a nice-looking set of drums. The other red stuff you've got going on with it are just killer too. Big time congrats to you.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, congratulations that is just gorgeous! I have a downbeat CM in red sparkle that I just love. I think the legacy mahogany might be next

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
Not sure. I also ordered a 6.5" Legacy Mahogany snare at the same time (different color), but I'm still waiting for it.
The snare came in today. I went with the cast badge and flat imperial lugs. Played it at rehearsal tonight and it's exactly the sound I was looking for...fat, dark, sensitive. It even feels soft under the stick. I'll be using this with my green sparkle CMs, too, and it's definitely going with me to the recording studio. Thank you all for the nice comments!

LegacyMahogany6_5Snare_7_cr_sm.jpg
LegacyMahogany6_5Snare_3_cr_sm.jpg

T-Dub

Reaction score
You have excellent taste Amy! Love the red sparkle, and I know you are gonna dig the old school vibe the legacies offer. Congratulations and enjoy!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Up until I got my Classic Maple kit, the only Ludwig kits I ever owned were Standards. When I got the Classic kit I realized how different they were and decided it wasn't the kit for me. I would still love a new set of Ludwigs - maybe this Legacy line is what I should be looking into.

Beautiful set and snare drum!!

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
These just arrived, so pardon me for showing them off. Lol. Amazing work by the folks at Ludwig here in NC!

Legacy Mahogany 13/16/22 with a 1965 Pioneer snare. For those of you playing Mahogany kits, what heads are using for an old-school sound? I'm trying Vintage Ambassadors on toms and PS3 on bass for now, but open to suggestions.

Since I have "bright and cutting" covered with my other Ludwig kits and Paiste 2002s and Giant Beats, I really wanted a vintage, old-school, dark, warm, but lots of tone, sound. I joined an all-female acoustic 3-part vocal harmony "grass-rock" band and thought these would fit the bill perfectly. And being a Paiste fanatic since 1991 when I got my first Paiste, the decision to go back to Zildjians for this was not taken lightly. But after some trial and error, I fell in love with the Keropes after hearing Chris Powell use them with The Highwomen. I'll probably also pair them with my Paiste 602s for some recording.

I'm loving this kit! Thanks for letting me show them off.

View attachment 499139 View attachment 499140 View attachment 499141 View attachment 499142 View attachment 499143 View attachment 499144
I tried grabbing/stealing those bastards of yours, but they wouldn't fit through my stinking laptop screen! Get the thinnest single ply heads possible and those babies will sing till the angels arrive. Killer kit! Their beautiful sustain is legendary. Total eyegasm!

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried grabbing/stealing those bastards of yours, but they wouldn't fit through my stinking laptop screen! Get the thinnest single ply heads possible and those babies will sing till the angels arrive. Killer kit! Their beautiful sustain is legendary. Total eyegasm!
Nothing like playing with a female band! 9 out of 10 bands I've toured were all female except me. Not a single 'leader' or 'big head' among them unlike guy bands. My wife liked it believing it would keep me grounded. They did.