My new Slingerland Red Ripple Pearl set arrived today

mc437

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I couldn't be more thrilled about this one. Bought them from a used music store on the other side of the country (in the city where I used to live), based on a few not great photos. For the price, I knew they were a good deal even if there were some small condition issues. They are in better shape than the photos led me to believe. Interior date stamps from August 1966. 20,12,14 with no splits in the wrap and only a few scratches here and there. Chrome is excellent throughout. Who knows when the Rogers knobby mount was added to the bass drum; it doesn't bother me. Silver sparkle inlays on the bass hoops, which I imagine aren't original, but also don't really bother me. I have them tuned Max Roach high right now, and these toms SING! My wife, who is not a drummer by any means, said, "those drums sound very musical." Just a lovely, lovely set. Bonus is I get to use the hand-painted bass head a friend did for me several years ago (I haven't had a 20" kick in a long time). I don't think I'll ever find the matching snare, but if you have one I'd be happy to take it off your hands ;)
IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG
IMG_4280.JPG

Last edited:

mc437

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m going to move from NY to somewhere in Vermont so I can be near them.
I’ll bring my blue ripple bop kit in case they want to mate.
Maybe we’d get a purple ripple child
Fantastic kit
Enjoy.
Now that would be cool! Mmm, purple ripple...

jmetatual

Reaction score
Hey mc437, does the floor tom have an August '66 date stamp? Congrats on a beautiful set.

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Holy cow!... those are nice looking! Is that a muffler on the 14 I see. What about the 12?