My new (to me) C&C's out at a gig (a few pics)

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Took my C&C's (courtesy of DanRH) out on a gig yesterday afternoon. Fantastic look and sound! The floor toms especially were thunderous with deep tone. Very happy with my purchase. These are certainly my main home practice and gig kit. A few pics:

20160625_190304.jpg

20160625_155846.jpg

20160625_155902.jpg

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great drums with a beautiful finish - I like the tom mount bracket being directly affixed to the tom, which cleans up the appearance.

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Very nice.
As a fellow owner of one of Dan's kits, a natural maple Fibes, I'd like to say we're a small club but... :laughing6:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so jazzed that they are being appreciated by a DFO'r. Really a great kit.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
zenghost said:
Great drums with a beautiful finish - I like the tom mount bracket being directly affixed to the tom, which cleans up the appearance.
The finish caught my eye right away (as it's close to my birthstone) but the sizes, the 1 up / 2 down configuration which I never owned and always wanted, and the classic streamlined appearance. I never liked a lot of chrome mounts, large lugs etc. and this just happened to have everything I wanted. As a bonus I'm rediscovering a liking to Remo, especially the suede heads. It sounds fantastic.

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm digging the aux hats too. Got that on my kit. Really opens up the left side while having an operable hat, not to mention the creativity factor. Great looking kit.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
jbonzo1 said:
Very nice.
As a fellow owner of one of Dan's kits, a natural maple Fibes, I'd like to say we're a small club but... :laughing6:
I'd bet that club is actually pretty large!! :)

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
So nice!

I too am a member of the Dan's former kits owners club. DFKOC!

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey! Count me in on the DFKOC (Fibes Black Onyx) and congrats, Polska! Those are beautiful drums.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love those drums... Just beautiful!
What is the shell construction?

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Now that I can see those on my PC and not my phone - that is a beautiful kit! And I love the setup.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
I'm only a junior member of DFKOC. No drums (yet) but a kick mic and some coated REMOS (and gratis on the heads because he's a heckuva guy).

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That is a Remo djembe, 14" though I'm not sure what model. I bought it years ago (approx. 1994) so it may have been one of the first they put out. It's cool cause it holds up under all weather conditions and the head lasts forever. It works well on the few tunes I need it for, though I have been considering a Korg Wavedrum as a replacement. Not sure I want to deal with any electronics though.