My nicest kit.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
I hear you. I played a 20/12/13/16 Sonor Rosewood teardrop kit, circa early 70's, for many years. Used them on the road and off the road when I was home. Mine came with a chrome snare, but I later ordered a rosewood snare. Those were the best drums I have ever played. The tone, the sensitivity, the resonance, the tuning range, the attack, just phenomenal.

I sold them for the usual stupid reasons. I was playing a lot of big band and orchestra gigs, so I traded them for a bigger set of Fibes. I couldn't afford to own two sets of drums in those days.

I actually have dreams sometimes about those old Sonors.

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
So how much to break your heart and move them to my basement? Oh, sorry, but the Rogers Bop set is on it's way to Italy.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweeeet MAMA, shes a beauty! And I would won that Rosewood kit were it not all the way over in Colorado!

kb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some years ago I was hired to do a couple of jazz shows in Dusseldorf, Germany.

I took my own cymbals. The artist scrounged up a 12/16/20 set of these, with a metal snare, for me to play. One rehearsal, two gigs, one of which was recorded. I really enjoyed them, and the recording came out pretty darn good.

I got burned on the exchange rate and baggage costs, but it was still a nice gig....

Sonor drums are great, 'tho the later versions are too heavy for me to schlepp around....