My Petty band was all set to play a neighborhood street party Monday...

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Our KB player asked if we’d like to do it and we all said yes. But mum was the word. But word got out. We started getting many inquiries on social media about it. It was not open to the public. Plug was pulled last night. Probably a good thing.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Practice social distancing, very short sets, let the RnR rebel out, give the Governor the middle finger, start the set with some TS instead of TP, you know, some vintage Twisted Sister...

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We are on our third social distancing block party with our band tonight. We shut down our cul de sac, and there’s plenty of room for everyone. We remind them before we start to maintain appropriate distance. Thus far, no issues.

Stickclick

Reaction score
The police stopped our party after the first set. There were about 25 people in the bar. Nobody got ticketed though.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Our restaurants are open and bars too as long as they serve food. I just turned down one a gig because the venue is so small. The stage is right by the front door and although I'd be at least 10 feet away from it, the restroom is all the way in the back and the place is really narrow. It's impossible to socially distance yourself just to wash up after setting up. My wife works at a senior living center so I'm not risking it. I am playing a block party tonight, but I don't have the details of the setup. If it's not safe, I'm calling it.

If you're not feeling comfortable it was probably a good call to cancel it. I've been jonesing to play, but safety comes first.

drichardbailey

Reaction score
Our restaurants are open and bars too as long as they serve food. I just turned down one a gig because the venue is so small. The stage is right by the front door and although I'd be at least 10 feet away from it, the restroom is all the way in the back and the place is really narrow. It's impossible to socially distance yourself just to wash up after setting up. My wife works at a senior living center so I'm not risking it. I am playing a block party tonight, but I don't have the details of the setup. If it's not safe, I'm calling it.

If you're not feeling comfortable it was probably a good call to cancel it. I've been jonesing to play, but safety comes first.
I appreciate your love for the craft and desire to get back at it, while tempering it with respect for other people who are at risk. This is a rad attitude I wish more people had.

Nobody WANTS to be doing this guys, we all want things back to normal.