My Record Available Here!

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for all your support and interest in my first record. Click link for a digital download and let me know your thoughts.
Happy listening.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Pat I value your opinion.
I discovered some digital noise in some of the tunes the label released to Spotify and similar platforms which is currently being fixed. If you purchased the record you'll be getting an email for a free download of uncorrupted files. I love show business.

Last edited:

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Terrific playing, Sinc ....... all of you! I'm listening right now.

Gotta ask ..... am I hearing the Oriollo kit(s) on these tracks? The promo pix show them, but the "driver's seat" studio pic looks like something else. Whatever, the drums sound great ..... as does everything else.

And one other thing - some time ago, I signed up for a "trial" subscription to Apple Music; promptly forgot about it and honestly haven't used it much. In fact, I'll have to admit that I don't really know HOW it actually works. That said, one of the options on the Bluecanoe site was "play" on Apple music, so I thought I'd give it a try. It works ..... ! I do hear a few bits of digital noise .....

But mainly, I want to be sure that you guys get what is coming to you if the "purchaser" uses the Apple Music option. More than happy to simply buy the download ...... a bargain ......

Great work!

Mike

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
S
Thanks Pat I value your opinion.
I discovered some digital noise in some of the tunes the label released to Spotify and similar platforms which is currently being fixed. If you purchased the record you'll be getting an email for a free download of uncorrupted files. I love show business.
She sent me a new file this morning. Nice peeps!

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, after doing a bit of homework ...... I now understand the Apple Music platform. Can't remember why I signed up for the trial subscription in the first place, but I think it was last year when I was involved in a live streaming project. Never did get into using the other music streaming services ..... like Spotify .......

I don't think the artist gets much when someone listens to an track (or an entire album) on any of these services.

So ....... I'm poised to download the album, but wanted to ask if there is any difference to the artist which method the buyer employs: iTunes Store or direct from Blue Canoe. Good ol' Apple pulls another buck out of you ...... and I suspect that the music you now "own" is really not yours, in the sense of portability. I know I'm quibbling about these details, but I've been bugged by the royalty situation ever since the digital revolution enabled the likes of Napster.

The copyrighted material is the ONLY thing of value here ...... and I want to make damn sure the artist receives their due.

One last thing: the Blue Canoe download seems to hang when going to the "payment" portion of the procedure ......

Again, brilliant work here Sinclair!

Mike

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made it through only about 3 of the demo clips... I just could not take any more

of the short clips so I bought the album! Wonderful project, stellar playing all around and as someone has already said, wonderfully fresh! Way to go, this is a keeper for sure!

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gents, thanks much for listening or buying and all the kind words about the music. I'm new to the digital sales business, but to answer a few questions.
I've been told the digital glitches (not on in the files I originally gave them) have been fixed on the Blue Canoe purchase page. It will take some more time to replace them on Spotify, AppleMusic and the rest. For this reason, if you'd like to buy the record for $8.99 I recommend getting it straight from Blue Canoe at the link I provided in my first post.

Pat I'm very pleased they sent you new uncorrupted files. Anyone else that bought from BC directly before today should get new files as well. If you hear any digital noise just let me know if you did buy from them but haven't received new ones and I'll contact them.
The arrangement I have with BC enables me to keep all the publishing on the tunes I wrote, 7 of the 10 tunes, and I do make a good percentage of the sales.

These are not the Oriollo drums, as I bought then shortly after the recording session... which lasted one day. ;)
The drums on record are a walnut stave Hard Bop 18/12/14 kit that builder Rob Schuh put together for me.
Thanks again.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to ask about the noise...in case there was a chance it was intentional for some reason...Seemed an unconventional choice, but who was I to judge? :)