~ My Snare Drums by Camco ~

SlingaLud

Reaction score
My God, I have never, ever seen so many knockout snares all at once...Steve and Alan's snare drums alone could keep an army busy for a lifetime...

Speaking of pure Genius and knockouts, I was wrong about dw not refinishing kits, at least for full on sponsored drummers.

Wait until you see Mario's Mid 70s L.A. Era Camcos in a Delmar exclusive dw wrap (He found the last 4pc.s on the bottom shelf)..
It's Absolutely drop dead gorgeous...

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Osahead2 said:
Which one Alan? 4 of those Camcos I've posted have been sold.
Oval Oaklawn 6.5x14, Camco Super (silver sparkle) and the LA natural maple.
The LA one is long gone. The other two? You can buy those from my wife when I'm dead!

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
I did forget one. I have a 5x14 COB Chanutte Aristocrat that has been camera shy. I guess I'm going to have to fix that!

Speedy Keen

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This came from a lucky ebay buy it now about 13 years ago. It is not Champagne!
best drum I have and not for sale.

Attachments

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Speedy Keen said:
This came from a lucky ebay buy it now about 13 years ago. It is not Champagne!
best drum I have and not for sale.
Welcome to the Camco snare drum roll-call...

Sir, you have two very nice looking drums! If that first snare drum is not the color you say it is then what is it? Gold? And, I don't see too many midnight blue Camco drums. Thanks for posting.

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
It's peacock sparkle! Very rare and probably my favorite finish next to burgundy sparkle!

Speedy Keen

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It was a buy it now, which came from the Detroit area. The ebay pictures in early post 2000 were not very good.
I totally thought it was going to be Champagne, which would have been great. It's a bit faded but plenty of traces of the
color come through. I've been grabbing them when I can for a while and will post more snares. I have a blue satin flame
set (Oaklawn) with matching snare too.

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Speedy Keen said:
It was a buy it now, which came from the Detroit area. The ebay pictures in early post 2000 were not very good.
I totally thought it was going to be Champagne, which would have been great. It's a bit faded but plenty of traces of the
color come through. I've been grabbing them when I can for a while and will post more snares. I have a blue satin flame
set (Oaklawn) with matching snare too.
Well what a nice peacock wrap snare drum you have! My first time seeing that wrap on a Camco! Super cool. Would love to see your blue Oaklawn too...

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
SlingaLud said:
Very nic collection Alan, but you shouldn't include that aberration from Bennett since it's Not a Camco
It's got a Camco badge like every item except for GHWs posted in this thread. Why is this drum excluded?

Latest posts