My tastes are turning colors

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Since I primarily gig, the sparkles are always nice under stage lights. Wood finishes sometimes lose their luster if not hit directly with lighting. JMHO

I lost faith in wood finishes when I bought a wrap from BumWrap (to rewrap and garage find) and it looked so good I thought to myself, "Will I ever trust a wood shell again that is it real wood and not a wrap?"

I've been tainted. lol
Yeah, I don't think I'd be comfortable taking the Stradivarius kit on a gig. I've seen too many silly accidents. While wraps aren't bullet proof, they're definitely not as vulnerable as paint or stain. Although it sure sounds like Josh at INDe has figured it out with his Reso Armor process. I definitely don't have any worry gigging my Jenkins-Martins! They have to be close to bullet proof.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up a WMP Slingerland kit years ago .
And hated it . It was barely faded .
I considered rewrapping even .
Over time it grew on me …

I hated mis matched anything , until I ended up with non matching Slingerlands .
I couldn’t imagine that kit any other way now .
I also hated my Turquoise Fibes for a long time . They looked sea foam green to me then , but somehow not now ….

I will never like exotic wood finishes or green sparkle ….NEVER …..

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I picked up a WMP Slingerland kit years ago .
And hated it . It was barely faded .
I considered rewrapping even .
Over time it grew on me …

I hated mis matched anything , until I ended up with non matching Slingerlands .
I couldn’t imagine that kit any other way now .
I also hated my Turquoise Fibes for a long time . They looked sea foam green to me then , but somehow not now ….

I will never like exotic wood finishes or green sparkle ….NEVER …..
Really? I loved turquoise sparkle from the start. It’s the sexiest sparkle finish out there! Your Fibes drums are beautiful. Although, silver sparkle is very close. Shame that Pearl discontinued its ocean sparkle lacquer.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I loved turquoise sparkle from the start. It’s the sexiest sparkle finish out there! Your Fibes drums are beautiful. Although, silver sparkle is very close. Shame that Pearl discontinued its ocean sparkle lacquer.
I have pics somewhere , where they look like sea foam , yukk

HoorayGuy

Reaction score
Hope to see some pics of the progress. :)
Ok, that pic definitely clears up the mystery. lol Oh, I most definitely will proudly post some pics when I git-r-done. Progress has slowed down this month. Extremely busy with work (Union affairs; route bidding and such). I got the clear coating done though. Here is a pic of the 15" tom:
tom.jpg