My world tour drum has landed.

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not a ground breaking purchase but my first.

View attachment 523075

View attachment 523076

View attachment 523077

View attachment 523078

I will be home this evening and you can guess what I'll be doing. Muaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa
I have one exactly like it... I love that snare! It's loud at certain places we play regularly so it is not always used, but I love it when we are playing an outdoor venue or somewhere I can open it up so to speak. I ordered a factory Ludwig dampener and installed in the factory position using my Supra 400 as a reference. It tended to be overly ringy when I got it, the dampener helped a bunch for tuning/taming it to the room. I set it up with a coated Emperor on the batter side and stock snare side head that it came with.

I've told this story before on here, but I walked into a little music store in a ski town in Colorado and saw it sitting there marked for $200. It was used but in flawless condition, the original heads showed absolutely no wear. I picked it up immediately and walked to the register. After the transaction, the clerk commented "that is a nice Acrolite isn't it"? I smiled and said it isn't an Acrolite, it's a Supraphonic 402! The look on the guys face was priceless! I said you all have a wonderful day and turned and walked out. He had no idea what he had until I said what it was. It wasn't my intention to cheat him, but I wasn't going to let a deal like that slip through my fingers either. I guess my feeling is if you are operating a business, it isn't my job to educate you on your inventory. You assume as a customer that when it is marked a certain price the shop owner understands the price he is asking.

Last edited:

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have one exactly like it... I love that snare! It's loud at certain places we play regularly so it is not always used, but I love it when we are playing an outdoor venue or somewhere I can open it up so to speak. I ordered a factory Ludwig dampener and installed in the factory position using my Supra 400 as a reference. It tended to be overly ringy when I got it, the dampener helped a bunch for tuning/taming it to the room. I set it up with a coated Emperor on the batter side and stock snare side head that it came with.

I've told this story before on here, but I walked into a little music store in a ski town in Colorado and saw it sitting there marked for $200. It was used but in flawless condition, the original heads showed absolutely no wear. I picked it up immediately and walked to the register. After the transaction, the clerk commented "that is a nice Acrolite isn't it"? I smiled and said it isn't an Acrolite, it's a Supraphonic 402! The look on the guys face was priceless! I said you all have a wonderful day and turned and walked out. He had no idea what he had until I said what it was. It wasn't my intention to cheat him, but I wasn't going to let a deal like that slip through my fingers either. I guess my feeling is if you are operating a business, it isn't my job to educate you on your inventory. You assume as a customer that when it is marked a certain price the shop owner understands the price he is asking.
Good information and a great story. You lucky ducky!!!!

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
After several head swaps, I have landed on an Evans ST Dry batter and Ludwig reso and both heads cranked pretty well. No after ring, tight and fat. Think I'll keep her.