Name change for my band

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in ‘13, I started my power rock trio, DrD . It was named after the members first name (I guess we were lazy). For Dan, Rikk and Didier. Means nothing.

Eight years later, we decided to change things up. We’re a six piece R&B, funk, Classic Rock band consisting of guitar, keys, percussion and lead singer who plays trumpet. We’re even gonna work in some Disco. Basically, we’re nothing like the original concept. Sure, we have a local enthusiastic following and well over 1,100 likes on Facebook, but we felt it was time to change the name. Also, we have a great new bass player and a decision to create more of a show, featuring songs from the 60’s through the 80’s.

So, the new name is The Real Thang. I’ve already got the domain name but due to a technicality in hosting (I want to use Wix as my host provider but Go Daddy, where I purchased the name back in September, will not allow a transfer for 2 months) prevents our website from launching until 11/20.
It’s been a pain in ass getting things set up on Facebook. They say you can merge two pages so we don’t lose our Likes but that’s not working for us. Argggggg!!!

Anyway, if you’re on Facebook, and would like to throw a Like our way, you can do so at https://m.facebook.com/TheRealThangBand/

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good name, mang. Simple and evocative. Will fit on a bass drum head. Which is really my only criteria.

I’ve sat in many a long discussion about band names and when it comes to my turn I just shrug and say “Whatever you guys want as long as it is not Big Head Todd and The Monsters.”

Last edited:

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good name. It goes well with the direction your band has gone.

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Back in ‘13, I started my power rock trio, DrD . It was named after the members first name (I guess we were lazy). For Dan, Rikk and Didier. Means nothing.
I liked DrD. My first band in college was call JJAMM, any guesses what that stood for?

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too, like Dr.D a lil' more.

We were gonna call our soulmetal / funk / goth band Nastique.

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Years ago I was in a band with a guitar player named Ron. When someone would play poorly; Ron would say “cmon man I could play that better myself.” The bass player said “we just need more Rons I guess.”

I said I got it. Let’s name the band “The More Rons” so that the audience can chant our name. More Rons, More Rons, More Rons.

appearing tonight only; The More Rons

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A couple of years back we were searching for a name before playing our first gig and my son’s girlfriend found some sort of random band name generator on the internet. It spit out a few names I liked but the one I remember was “A Plague of Badgers”. I loved it but the other guys didn’t. No taste I tell ya, no taste!

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played in a band where we were all military veterans, so we named ourselves after a pretty common, but lousy chow hall meal we all remembered, Chili Mac. Basically, chili over macaroni. Yum! :sad:

Last edited: