Namm 2019 rumors

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
Sabian announces new branding!!! :scratch:
It's not been announced yet but yes, they're renaming some models and have some new logo designs. I'm pretty excited to see their new stuff; the last few years they haven't disappointed (unlike another big cymbal company...).

PDP is going to have some new finishes (like they do every year) and some hardware stuff. I think DW has already posted about the 5000 single chain pedal.

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sabian rebranding is interesting. I always thought their logo looked a little 80's.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! Really? I've been searching for one of those for over two years now. Is it identical to the limited edition one or are they fiddling the specs, do you know?
From what little I gathered, it's a blue finish instead of the dark grey finish of the limited edition. I could be incorrect in that it's now in the Artist Pallete catalog but that's what it looked like to me. Plus, that shell and sound profile are different enough from what Tama currently offers, that they will sell a snare or two, and not just to Deftones fans.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No offense Tama guys, but the video I heard of these drums is pure crap.
I said the same about the drum sound in their Dynamic Kapur and Fat Spruce demo videos from last year. In person the drums sound really good. I don't know what's going on with Tama and their videos, maybe they do three or four takes but don't spot-tune in between takes, and take three was the drummers best performance, but not necessarily the drums.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Birch /Walnut. What a great idea
Congratulations. You have a nice kit. Tama never said they were the first on the scene with that shell config.

I really hope the boutique Mapex kits do well. Wouldn't want to deplete your stash.

Last edited:

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Paiste is releasing a bunch of Signatures of the past for the 30th anniversary. Looking like Mellow, Crystal, Power, crashes. Some hats and rides TBD.

Cool on the Sabian re-branding. I have often wondered why the HHX costs more than AAX - seems like this should be one line of modern machine made cymbals with bright and dark models.

cutaway79

Reaction score
I have often wondered why the HHX costs more than AAX - seems like this should be one line of modern machine made cymbals with bright and dark models.
Aren't the HHX cymbals hand-hammered? Whereas AAX are machine-made. That is likely the reason for the price difference.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Aren't the HHX cymbals hand-hammered? Whereas AAX are machine-made. That is likely the reason for the price difference.
Both are machine made. The HH has some/little hand tuning. The Artisan and Artisan Elite have more hands on work.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
Vater has some new sticks out, the Classics line. Based on models that they handmade back in the day before Vater was a separate company.

Groov-E

Reaction score
Not a rumor but a simple wish : 14 deep bass drums for current lines.

I know the Leviathan takes some time to turn, but it is hard to deny current tastes for more classic depths, and for good reason.

cutaway79

Reaction score
Both are machine made. The HH has some/little hand tuning. The Artisan and Artisan Elite have more hands on work.
What I'm finding is that the HHX feature "hand-guided machine hammering". Whereas the AAX do not. Extra steps in the process equals extra $$$.