Namm 2019 rumors

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, those new Meinl cymbals are fantastic! Reminds me a little of Istanbul 30th or Paiste Trad/Masters. Classy looking.

markkarj

Reaction score
It's not been announced yet but yes, they're renaming some models and have some new logo designs. I'm pretty excited to see their new stuff; the last few years they haven't disappointed (unlike another big cymbal company...).
I appreciate the sound should matters the most, but I'm still interested in how cymbal companies identify their respective products and categorize things.

I wonder how Sabian's product lineup looks after it's all said and done (especially after they dropped the "Signature" series a few years ago).

Zildjian seemed to simplify things by having sort of the "family" lines between the As and Ks. I still think the Avedis Vintage name was not the brightest move... I see people who run side businesses on Kijiji and Craigslist calling their regular As "Avedis" models. I would have called them Arams or Armands (noting that the originals Armands were modified As).

Paiste confounds me in how they identify their products. I understand what each line-up offers (and why I rarely afford them), but it seems like they throw darts against a wall blindfolded when identifying their series.

markkarj

Reaction score
Paiste is releasing a bunch of Signatures of the past for the 30th anniversary. Looking like Mellow, Crystal, Power, crashes. Some hats and rides TBD.
I've been curious if Paiste had been trying to get rid of the Signature line. It seemed quite a few models had been discontinued, and most of their energy seemed to be on their B20 offerings.

Stuffed Chimp

Reaction score
From what little I gathered, it's a blue finish instead of the dark grey finish of the limited edition. I could be incorrect in that it's now in the Artist Pallete catalog but that's what it looked like to me. Plus, that shell and sound profile are different enough from what Tama currently offers, that they will sell a snare or two, and not just to Deftones fans.
Excellent. I can't see it on the site yet but that may be because its not been officially released just yet. Either way, I cannot wait to get one on my kit.

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gretsch:
Brooklyn Micro Kit (poplar/maple) $3166 list
Bronze Sparkle Catalina Club kits
Catalina Special Edition (7-ply birch) $1334-1417 list
USA Custom Exotic Red Gum Limited Edition (50 kits produced) $3799-$4799 list

DW:
Collectors Pure Almond kits w/Staggered Tandem Core shell design
Retro single-chain 5000 pedal $350 list / Doulbe pedal $750 list

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What kind of DW marketing mumbo jumbo is this now?
It's a sectioned out ply so it looks like stave construction.. but on a ply... to relieve tension within the shell. Sonor was doing that since the 60's or 70's..up until Designer.. although the most recent stuff I believe they abandoned it.

JimmyFenno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Who's there from the 24th on? I'll get some pics up if anybody needs - just msg me through DFO for specifics. I know there are a couple of cats that will do some long posts....I'd like to stick to say 5 specific requests that I can get down and dirty with. First five get it. I'll be with my stellar guitarist Ryan Fenno, my eldest son (37) who will be searching for a new bass, probably a custom shop PBass Natural to order through Brother Mike at his always buy from shop, Ye Olde Music Shop, in Hanahan, SC....man we have been doing business with Brother Mike for way over 25 years! Drums, guitars, bass, cymbals, vintage...Mike has it. Mike has been considering shutting down but I hope he never does!

Hed to...

http://yeoldemusicshop.com/index.html

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Paiste is releasing a bunch of Signatures of the past for the 30th anniversary. Looking like Mellow, Crystal, Power, crashes. Some hats and rides TBD.

Cool on the Sabian re-branding. I have often wondered why the HHX costs more than AAX - seems like this should be one line of modern machine made cymbals with bright and dark models.
There’s a new 22 extra thin masters on their site as well