NAMM 2020

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
You got it, JDA.

Just posted an hour ago. Sweetwater’s Nick talks with Paul Cooper at Gretsch. And yes, it actually includes reference to direct involvement from DW.

Also, someone please tell me that new, suitcase handle-looking rail mount is simply an option, and not a replacement to the classic rail mount.

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
i give delete it
Saw Gretsch don't See Bosphorus Saw Sabian and Ludwig..
where's the concession stand...

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
"I have never seen so many colors...."...

overheard at the 2020 namm.

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Most important to me is, will that rail mount fit vintage rail mount (W&A) spacing? Please, oh let them have been that smart...

This would help someone currently in another post here.

You got it, JDA.

Just posted an hour ago. Sweetwater’s Nick talks with Paul Cooper at Gretsch. And yes, it actually includes reference to direct involvement from DW.

Also, someone please tell me that new, suitcase handle-looking rail mount is simply an option, and not a replacement to the classic rail mount.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Most important to me is, will that rail mount fit vintage rail mount (W&A) spacing? Please, oh let them have been that smart...

This would help someone currently in another post here.
It appears to be a rebadged DW rail mount, which I think is one of the best as modern rail consolettes go. Certainly better than the Gibraltar/Ludwig.

Gretsch_Rail_Mount_GRGARLMT_final.jpg
dwcp7771-med_1024x1024.jpg

I mounted the DW version on a set before, and I do recall there is about an inch of lateral play on either side of the mounting bolts connecting the rail, but I don't know about the W&A spacing firsthand.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That Gretsch rail mount looks like it has the same shortcoming as the other "modern" variants on the classic rail: it will not allow the mounted tom to sit low enough. They need to figure some way to allow the ratchet mechanism attached to the rail to move more laterally. Even if you were to move the rail to the more traditional position on the upper side of the bass drum, the arm then places the tom too far away from the bass.

I've tried a couple of them now, and they all have this problem - and it seems to be easily solved by giving the lower ratchet mechanism additional rotation abilities. Come on, guys! Fix these things.

GeeDeeEmm