NAMM 2022 expectations?

Reaction score
Jared deserved a Daytime Emmy for his "outrage" over this...
Maybe Will will be there too. Let him say something about...

I expect nothing. Supply chain issues with Covid and the War in Ukraine will continue and people still order trillions of items online, so shipping and shipping prices are still a huge bottleneck.

Brands simply can't even keep up with the backlog they have now.

Maybe next year more things will be a bit normal for the industry. That is if we don't get another wave of disease in the fall/winter.

Last edited:

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
3. Tama - starclassic finish game is off, in my
opinion. Too many swirl finishes, and though those finishes are nice, maybe different color combos. MIC needs to step up their finish game.

Well Tama at least destroys Yamaha in the finish department IMO.. I think Yamaha just fell apart with regard to finishes compared to what they did previous.

Kevinpursuit

Reaction score
2020 NAMM expectation list :
1). Please figure out the supply chain issues for everyone both consumer and Retail.
Can't even purchase heads, sticks or items such as Floor tom legs.
2.) Find out whether Regal Tip is out of business
3.) Locating Cymbal companies that don't charge $385 for a lousy sounding crash cymbal and Rides for $500.00
4.) Tama makes some more appealing finishes other than the weird dark swirls and others that don't translate under stage lighting.
5.) Ludwig continues the manufacturing of the Weather master drum heads.
Regal Tip Website is still up and has current products

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
1). Please figure out the supply chain issues for everyone both consumer and Retail.
3.) Locating Cymbal companies that don't charge $385 for a lousy sounding crash cymbal and Rides for $500.00
4.) Tama makes some more appealing finishes other than the weird dark swirls and others that don't translate under stage lighting.
1. Depends on where you live, but I’ve had no such issues with sticks and heads specifically, and anything that is taking too long is just something I don’t need right at the moment.
2. I’ll buy Regal Tip. I’ve got some savings. I can learn to run a back knife lathe, how hard can it be? Oh, and international distribution, I’ll have to learn how to do that, too.
3. Hyperbolic. Plenty of good stuff out there that doesn’t cost an arm and leg. But, may I add, snare drum prices! Paying pro prices for mid-tier semi professional snare drums. Even the used stuff is 30% more than last year.
4. See my earlier post, they need to step up the level of the paint department in their factory in China. Phantasm oyster can only do so much.
5. Any heads with the Ludwig name has been contracted out to Remo. The “Ludwig making their own heads again” ship has sailed.

WesChilton

Reaction score
I expect two things, massive price increases and a new Covid outbreak from the show. :hello1:

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In the medium-higher range maybe.

In the top range, not a chance.

32 for the PHX against 13 for the Star.

Was referring to Absolute and Starclassic.. but Star has 27 .. and once you add in Starclassic.. it is a slaughter..

Yamaha's medium to high range sucks .

Last edited by a moderator:

RedeyeSPR

Reaction score
A couple of things from Yamaha I'd like to see - small booms for the crosstown hardware. Either an entire new stand, or just a boom that can be added to the existing stands. Not new, but I really want a Reface CP Keyboard. They have been out of stack everywhere for a while.

seungkeeya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Sound Police will keep Drumeo out?
Is this the incident you referring to??

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting to see, but I know I have no plans on buying one. If most everyone is the same, I do not see them ever doing it or it would be at the least not be worth doing.
I could see alot of people wanting one if they do it right. Some would want it just for the name alone. Specially to have a older one and new one. I know I would just for that reason alone.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Wait. NAMM 2022? Hasn't that already happened? (or was it canceled?)
Did the OP mean Summer NAMM '22, or Winter NAMM '23?
Is there a Summer NAMM anymore?

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
2020?

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait. NAMM 2022? Hasn't that already happened? (or was it canceled?)
Did the OP mean Summer NAMM '22, or Winter NAMM '23?
Is there a Summer NAMM anymore?
Winter NAMM 2022 was postponed to Summer NAMM 2022, which is next week. Three days during peak vacation time at Disneyland ;)
All kidding aside, I wish all the manufactures/exhibitors and dealers well. It will be interesting to see what the industry's appetite is.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Winter NAMM 2022 was postponed to Summer NAMM 2022, which is next week. Three days during peak vacation time at Disneyland ;)
All kidding aside, I wish all the manufactures/exhibitors and dealers well. It will be interesting to see what the industry's appetite is.
Yikes. That seems.... ill planned.

Drumprof

Reaction score
I would like to see Yamaha open up their Tour Custom Maple line like the Stage Custom Birch line. Everything from a bop to a 24 thin shell, rocking ass maple bass drum and 14/16/18 floors. All available as components.

I completely agree Yamaha needs to bump up their finish game. Remember Yamaha only does gloss and fairly neutral satin lacquers, (no wraps or exotic veneers, except veneers on the PHX) so they should bump those offerings up.

Last edited:

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
1. Depends on where you live, but I’ve had no such issues with sticks and heads specifically, and anything that is taking too long is just something I don’t need right at the moment.
2. I’ll buy Regal Tip. I’ve got some savings. I can learn to run a back knife lathe, how hard can it be? Oh, and international distribution, I’ll have to learn how to do that, too.
3. Hyperbolic. Plenty of good stuff out there that doesn’t cost an arm and leg. But, may I add, snare drum prices! Paying pro prices for mid-tier semi professional snare drums. Even the used stuff is 30% more than last year.
4. See my earlier post, they need to step up the level of the paint department in their factory in China. Phantasm oyster can only do so much.
5. Any heads with the Ludwig name has been contracted out to Remo. The “Ludwig making their own heads again” ship has sailed.

Whew....just in time. Please put me down for a pair of Jeff Hamilton Signature sticks. Any idea when I should expect those?