Nandi Bushell w the Foos

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Already under discussion in this (poorly titled) thread:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
This is not an easy song to maintain the energy and tempo. I'm very impressed. And she's rockin' the Trixon's. I wonder if that's Taylor's kit he's played before with them. I cried a little. So sweet. I love the Foo's and Dave!

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nandi is the whole package already! More than enough enthusiasm, talent, fearlessness and rock star vibe to to do this for the rest of her life.

What is she now, 12 or 13? I wish I had all that going for me at that age.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Nandi is the whole package already! More than enough enthusiasm, talent, fearlessness and rock star vibe to to do this for the rest of her life.

What is she now, 12 or 13? I wish I had all that going for me at that age.
Just turned 11

stevesmithfan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I bet she was very nervous. Kudos to anyone that can get in front of a large audience. I hope she could make a living at this when she gets older, best of luck.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also goes to show what a great band the Foos are. At 11 she's obviously not flawless, and they made her already fantastic performance sound like million bucks.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
She's so sweet and her pure energy that's backed by such natural talent.

That was handled really well, BUT while I’m no prude, I wish Dave didn't have to go all rock 'n' roll in the introduction and swear, because there's a lot of girl musicians in their formative stages who need to be watching this and that part really doesn't need to be there.

He's a dad, he should've known better. If one willfully chooses to bring children into one’s act, then the rules for that segment inherently change.

As my bass player says: “The secret to real balls, is ovaries.”

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's so sweet and her pure energy that's backed by such natural talent.

That was handled really well, BUT while I’m no prude, I wish Dave didn't have to go all rock 'n' roll in the introduction and swear, because there's a lot of girl musicians in their formative stages who need to be watching this and that part really doesn't need to be there.

He's a dad, he should've known better. If one willfully chooses to bring children into one’s act, then the rules for that segment inherently change.

As my bass player says: “The secret to real balls, is ovaries.”
So it's worse to curse in front of a girl than a boy?
If we don't make "curse" words forbidden, kids are probably less likely to use them anyway.

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
She’s had guitars and drums donated to her by rock stars …Why is it just her getting this stuff and not the other prodigies ???
Her extreme enthusiasm seems odd to me as well …

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
She’s had guitars and drums donated to her by rock stars …Why is it just her getting this stuff and the other prodigies ???
Dad is quite the promoter. And coach, I presume. But good for both of them, I say, until I have reason to think otherwise.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
She’s had guitars and drums donated to her by rock stars …Why is it just her getting this stuff and not the other prodigies ???
Her enthusiasm has been a part of her playing every time I've seen her online over the last couple years. I don't think she's faking it if that's the insinuation.

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
Her enthusiasm has been a part of her playing every time I've seen her online over the last couple years. I don't think she's faking it if that's the insinuation.
No , definitely not faked . I can’t explain it .
No biggie really , there is just something I can’t put my finger on …

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably more correct to call it "showmanship" than "acting", and she's definitely got a lot of it. Yes, it's been coached...or at least encouraged. What a lucky girl that she's been taught the importance of it, and that people are responding to it so positively.