Natal Originals ... Loose wrap issue

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
I bought this off EBay... In "Immaculate condition" and a Unique drum.. Being that it's a Birch shell and 6.25x13" ( yes 6.25) ..sound great¡!!
Problem is the extremely attractv red satin wrap is "tacky and loose in a couple of places... No bubbles or distortion and seam is tight, althoug there is a white area (maybe adhesive) on one part of seam which is also reinforced by the gasket and chunky cast "Sun Lug"..
I cant say whether this loose wrap will get worse..
Would you just forget it and play it? Or send it away for current wrap to be secured properly OR would you re-wrap?
I do like the finish and this has tarnished the deal..
BTW..the seller hasn't responded.. I used PayPal..
IMAG1409.jpg
IMAG1405.jpg
IMAG1405.jpg
IMAG1406.jpg
IMAG1407.jpg
IMAG1408.jpg
IMAG1409.jpg
IMAG1409.jpg

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like the drum, don't return it. Guessing it wasn't too pricey. Precision or Jack Lawton could possibly be able to lift and secure the wrap if it bothered you that much. Because of the size a rewrap wouldn't be too pricey either.

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rich... I'm gonna keep it.. It is a unique lil drum for sure... If i have any issues I'll just send it away then, to be re-glued or recovered..
Thank you do much..
I suppose ther be a fair few of this with thsi issue that don't get hung up... If seem was open that WOUL d annoy me... Thanks again

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
Update ..drum on way to wonderful Tristan Head at drumattic for a re-wrap in Gold sparkle.. He is meticulous and will also give drum once over... Seals/ waxes edges and greases all lug inserts with lithium grease..
I will get the natal branded ribbons replaced with my go to cord.. And he sets everything up superbly..
100.00 for everything.. Not charging me for sparkle wrap as he has quite a good stock and plenty pieces to choose from...

Gerry