Natal

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this brand? Am looking at a local bop kit. Don't know the wood species

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nothing? I thought we were experts here. I have learned that they are probably made of Ash.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the website...Have to go thru a door (went thru three doors..) at Marshall and... discovered many series. So find out . The series.
3..6..9 series.

Last edited:

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I own a Natal 12” hand hammered snare.
Workmanship is impeccable.
B63F6C3F-500E-436F-8AA2-7A8CD98C8C30.jpeg

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Going to look today. Bop kit, trad. 2 large cymbals, looks like an A and a B8, set of what looks to be old A hats and snare. $675. What do you all think? Yea or nay? Would sell cymbals and snare.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you find the series

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
did you find the series

No. The only info I can get from the seller is the word ash printed inside. Probably early model which were all ash as far as I know. But I don't know very far at all. Gonna go look in an hour.

Reactions: JDA

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have ordrd.. 14x20" , 13x14" floor
7x10" , 8x12" with Drilld bass drum (as I loathe cymbl arm + clamp mounting) ...maple originals
In orang sparkl lacqur... due March...
Gerry

bodinski

the Tingler
Reaction score
FWIW -
I have two Arcadia acrylic snares. Both have had multiple lugs grenade whilst sitting unplayed. The drums themselves sound great and yes, Arcadia is a budget model. Hopefully Natal used real metal in their upper lines.

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought them. Looks like great build quality and they are in VG cond. Unique tonal qualities from the Ash, but quite musical. Paid $625. There are 2 cymbal stands, a hi hat and snare stands a Pearl pedal, a throne and 13" Z hats 18" Z ride a B8 and bell, block and BD muffler. All I want are the 2 toms and the BD. Figure I can sell the snare and cymbals and hardware to re coup some of my dough. And my last kit of my life will very obscure. As I have been most of my career.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well, I bought them. Looks like great build quality and they are in VG cond. Unique tonal qualities from the Ash, but quite musical. Paid $625. There are 2 cymbal stands, a hi hat and snare stands a Pearl pedal, a throne and 13" Z hats 18" Z ride a B8 and bell, block and BD muffler. All I want are the 2 toms and the BD. Figure I can sell the snare and cymbals and hardware to re coup some of my dough. And my last kit of my life will very obscure. As I have been most of my career.
They seem like premium quality instruments. Is the snare ash or on of the hammered SS drums?

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
OK. Got 'em set up. They are tuned as tight as can be. Tuned them down a bit and they are sounding better. In bop range now. Heads are Aquarian "galaxy" on top and Aquarian "zenith" for the bottoms. I am assuming the these are low quality budget heads, as the don't show up on Aq. website. Tommorow I will change heads and mess more with tuning. Having fun!

flurbs

Reaction score
It'll be an Originals series kit, probably quite an early one. There were 5 Originals 'levels' but the only differences were wood species and finishing - the build quality and hardware quality (very high!) are all the same. Ash was the cheapest due to species and wrapped finish - but they sound great. Only early problem was the ball arm tom holders, the clamp fasteners wore out if they were overtightened (and we all know how much the average hobby drummer likes to overtighten things...).

The Aquarian heads you mentioned are their offshore cheapies - put your pro heads of choice on and the kit will hold its own against almost anything. Good score.

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It'll be an Originals series kit, probably quite an early one. There were 5 Originals 'levels' but the only differences were wood species and finishing - the build quality and hardware quality (very high!) are all the same. Ash was the cheapest due to species and wrapped finish - but they sound great. Only early problem was the ball arm tom holders, the clamp fasteners wore out if they were overtightened (and we all know how much the average hobby drummer likes to overtighten things...).

The Aquarian heads you mentioned are their offshore cheapies - put your pro heads of choice on and the kit will hold its own against almost anything. Good score.
Thanks. Just the kind of info that I was looking for. Already noticed the ball thingie.