NDD - Transition Complete

Nubs

Reaction score
Picked up this kit over the weekend, just in time for our band's first practice:

It's a Mapex Mars Crossover 5-piece with 2 floor toms. When I went to GC this past Saturday, the original intent was to pick up a Ludwig Breakbeats kit because I wanted something portable and affordable. But when I actually saw it, I determined that it was too small. This was the same price, so I snagged it with the hardware and cymbals. I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but so far I'm really liking it!

It's been over 15 years since I had a kit and it's my first Mapex. With this purchase, I am all but done with guitar. I will keep a couple of them, but all of my pedals, amps, and remaining lefties will be sold.

Here are a couple of pics of it at home chilling with the CVT:

Man, I missed being on the drums!!

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
cool ninja vibe to the set. if you set up on a dark stage, can you find them?

enjoy your new drums.

Nubs

Reaction score
Nice looking kit. What cymbals did you get?
Thanks. For the hats, I have Zildjian A Mastersound hats. They're nice, but I think they're too heavy and would like to get a lighter, great sounding affordable pair. The crash & ride are Meinl HCS (16" & 20" respectively). Nice sounding cymbals for little dough. I also put some homemade sizzle chains on them which I'm digging.

I would like to get another crash and a splash. Thinking of a 14" crash and a 10" or 12" splash. I'll be playing mostly blues.

Nice. Sizes?
Bass drum is 22" x 18"
Snare is 14" x 6.5"
Rack tom is 12" x 8"
First floor tom is 14" x 12"
Second floor tom is 16" x 14"

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
:shock: WOW! THAT KIT IS BLACK!

Now you just need some ebony heads on the toms and something for the inside of the BD rim. Then you could name it "Darth Drum" :salute::laughing6:

Nubs

Reaction score
LOL nice. I actually plan on putting black Evans Hydraulics on them.

Dave HCV

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Picked up this kit over the weekend, just in time for our band's first practice:

It's a Mapex Mars Crossover 5-piece with 2 floor toms. When I went to GC this past Saturday, the original intent was to pick up a Ludwig Breakbeats kit because I wanted something portable and affordable. But when I actually saw it, I determined that it was too small. This was the same price, so I snagged it with the hardware and cymbals. I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but so far I'm really liking it!

It's been over 15 years since I had a kit and it's my first Mapex. With this purchase, I am all but done with guitar. I will keep a couple of them, but all of my pedals, amps, and remaining lefties will be sold.

Here are a couple of pics of it at home chilling with the CVT:

Man, I missed being on the drums!!
The top two photos look like the stage at Vollie Ray’s. Right?

Latest posts