Neat HiHat.. stuck-stick, trick...

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No trick at all. It just gives you the sound or effect you are seeking. Now, let's see if the maple vs. hickory vs ash wars starts. And all those tip shapes. Nylon vs. wood tip. The bearing edges on the cymbals. I would love to get Buddy Rich's take on things that foncuse and wad the panties of members, educators, players, etc. Isn't the goal to produce the best sounding music you can when playing, practicing, recording? The mind boggles. Its what humans do. Run with it or don't.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
No trick at all. It just gives you the sound or effect you are seeking. Now, let's see if the maple vs. hickory vs ash wars starts. And all those tip shapes. Nylon vs. wood tip. The bearing edges on the cymbals. I would love to get Buddy Rich's take on things that foncuse and wad the panties of members, educators, players, etc. Isn't the goal to produce the best sounding music you can when playing, practicing, recording? The mind boggles. Its what humans do. Run with it or don't.

Huhh? I thought it was a neat stick trick in case you drop a stick and want a quick place to grab one.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. The guy obviously has skills and they're jamming. But how is he supposed to reach for that stick if it's pointing outside of the kit to the right. I was thinking it has something to do with giving the hats more slosh?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think he might have it taped in there what's with all the smiles? did they just rob a bank or something weird

Last edited:

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
That was a
Maybe I'm missing something. The guy obviously has skills and they're jamming. But how is he supposed to reach for that stick if it's pointing outside of the kit to the right. I was thinking it has something to do with giving the hats more slosh?
I was being a little sarcastic ..with a little too dry sense of humor. ;)