Need Help Identifying a Snare Stand

drumsncollectables

Reaction score
Hey Everyone-

Got this stand a few weeks ago and cleaned it up a bit today. At first, I thought it was a Slingerland Rocket Quick Release Snare Stand. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Any thoughts? (sorry they're sideways, they uploaded like this but the pictures were not taken sideways)

Attachments

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi there!

First, your pictures are sideways because you most likely used an iPhone and took them with the phone pointing up. When you post them, they are flipped.

To your stand, it is, in fact, a first-generation Slingerland "Rocket" snare stand. For a short time, Slingerland must have run out of the typical "four-finger" adjusting nut we're used to seeing and substituted the round knurled nut instead. Attached are some pictures of the identical Rocket stand that came with my 1968 BR 80 set. Hope this helps!

-Mark

Attachments

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
After uploading my pictures, I noticed that DFO changed the amount of what is showing. Thanks DFO. Here's a cropped picture to show the knurled nut and quick-release lever.

-Mark

Attachments

drumsncollectables

Reaction score
After uploading my pictures, I noticed that DFO changed the amount of what is showing. Thanks DFO. Here's a cropped picture to show the knurled nut and quick-release lever.

-Mark
Hey Mike thanks for this! Thats exactly what happened picture wise. As for the stand, looks like mine is in rough shape compared to that. Any idea what it might go for?

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Mike thanks for this! Thats exactly what happened picture wise. As for the stand, looks like mine is in rough shape compared to that. Any idea what it might go for?
Hi! As to price, condition is everything. Still, I'm not quite sure how desirable these stands might be. My educated guess would be around $40 or less. The later Rocket stands are actually a bit better, even though that "quick-release" lever was a cool idea!

-Mark

drumsncollectables

Reaction score
Hi! As to price, condition is everything. Still, I'm not quite sure how desirable these stands might be. My educated guess would be around $40 or less. The later Rocket stands are actually a bit better, even though that "quick-release" lever was a cool idea!

-Mark
Sorry! Read your name quick and thought it said Mike! I appreciate your help MARK!!! I was thinking around $30-$40 as well. I'm sure someone needs it to complete a set or something. They aren't very common from what I've found on past listings in this style. Appreciate your help!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry! Read your name quick and thought it said Mike! I appreciate your help MARK!!! I was thinking around $30-$40 as well. I'm sure someone needs it to complete a set or something. They aren't very common from what I've found on past listings in this style. Appreciate your help!
No problem at all with my name! And, yes, these first-edition Rocket stands, with that round knurled nut, aren't very common. Just a matter of finding a buyer that's looking for it! Best of luck to you!

-Mark