Need info on this"SONIC" 50's snare from France.

Jim Messina

Reaction score
I was recently given a box of parts that contained aluminum wide hoops that are metric.three sets of hoops ,one set for a snare drum one set for a mounted tom , and one set for a 16" fl tom. the fl tom hoops happen to be 16" NOT METRIC.Also included were about 48 aluminum lugs and 6 aluminum lugs that look exactly like the ones on the drums pictured here. The drums pictured are from a French company called "Sonic" from the 50's.
there are no shells to go with these parts but there are many other parts. . (internal mufflers, ETC...)
But the part that interests me the most is what appears to be an internal parallel mechanism.
I would like to be able to complete the snare if possible.
If anyone has any knowledge or catalogs or just "ANYTHING" that could help me ,I'd really appreciate it !
I left Emmanuel Giraudon a message on his "OLDRUMS" site,where I found these pictures.I don't know if he'll respond.
Thanks,
Jim Messina,
vintagedrumstalk.com

Attachments

Jim Messina

Reaction score
I FOUND A PICTURE OF THE INSIDE THAT HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL TO FIGURE OUT HOW IT GOES AND WHAT PARTS I STILL NEED.
THE SECOND PICTURE IS WHAT I'VE MANAGED TO PUT TOGETHER SO FAR."
I NEED A 33.5 CM METAL SHELL WITH A BEAD AND I NEED TO FIND OUT WHERE I CAN GET METRIC HEADS FOR THIS THING "!! HELLLLLP !!!!

Attachments

boonky

Reaction score
Cirichelli became Sonic drums, then became Orange/Capelle in the early 70's.