Needed Camco Experts

edge

Reaction score
So I have a Oaklawn Camco bop kit for and am looking for approximate value of the kit, 14x18, 8x12, 14x14, they were rewrapped over 20 years ago, there are 3 extra holes in the rack tom and 4 in the base drum tom mount. They sound fabulous but the rewrap and extra holes devalue this kit somewhat, what is it worth is the question as I may be moving them on, if it devalues them to much I will keep them.

Attachments

franke

DFO Master
Reaction score
There are at least three people on this forum who's expertise on all things Camco (and George Way) I'd consider experts, and I'm not one of them.

That said, given that it's an Oaklawn Camco (rare) in bop sizes (much rarer still), I would think that even with the re-wrap and extra holes it's worth at least $2k.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
stephan traversi is the resident camco expert on this forum .... maybe he will chime in ....
i'm no expert but i would say they're worth $2500 - $3000 ....

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd like to see plain...what's that inlay..on the hoops.
- have any plain blonde hoops; may be too much lavender

it's not bad just too much; doesn't look original (even tho it isn't but it could be that was a color offered back then right..

well, close. Those lavender hoops aren't _ enough for my 2 cents)>.
I think they make them look like a __ set.

Get rid of the double-braced stands around it. And get it looking 'Jazz niteClub'..
get rid of the snare too (in the picture) we don't need it; it's also non-jazz niteclub (lol)
get the Gretsch out of the picture; they're totally ruining what you're trying to do (sell!) here...
get rid of those double-stands! for the picture...)

You want/need/ all the Staging you can!
Maybe have like a Keith Richards character slumped over in the corner smoking a cigarette with smoke curling out the window Vibe!
Empty wine bottle on the floor Staging!

snare, stands, and cymbals, got to go; offer two extra BD hoops extras if you have em (bet you do)

Last edited:

edge

Reaction score
You are cracking me up JDA and you are totally right, I will restage them, I have a set of 18 chrome Gretsch hoops I will put on and see how they look. pretty bad with those stands I know.

Reactions: JDA

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Cool kit in a cool Camco finish. A matching snare would’ve boosted the price of those. In original condition they could fetch $4-$6K.

My best guess is in the $2-3K range.

Latest posts